Author Topic: Well Sh!t!  (Read 6338 times)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
Well Sh!t!
« on: July 21, 2011, 11:15:42 PM »
Have not had any problems with my press until today well OK it started yesterday.  Fired it up and started homing the indexer. The "sled" that sits atop of the indexer started slamming into the indexer motor and  forces the sled out of the track. Popped it back in and finally got it to home in.  I did not turn it off last night fearing a repeat performance today. I had to get a job out. Called tech and told em to stand by, I may have a problem. Finished up, shut down and got tech on the line. Fired it back up and it repeatedly does it. We reset on the indexer settings to default and loaded the current settings back.  No dice.  Long story short the Indexer controller is F$cked...  Replacement on the way....   Made a hot day even $hittier. >:(

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Well Sh!t!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 12:39:45 AM »
Have not had any problems with my press until today well OK it started yesterday.  Fired it up and started homing the indexer. The "sled" that sits atop of the indexer started slamming into the indexer motor and  forces the sled out of the track. Popped it back in and finally got it to home in.  I did not turn it off last night fearing a repeat performance today. I had to get a job out. Called tech and told em to stand by, I may have a problem. Finished up, shut down and got tech on the line. Fired it back up and it repeatedly does it. We reset on the indexer settings to default and loaded the current settings back.  No dice.  Long story short the Indexer controller is F$cked...  Replacement on the way....   Made a hot day even $hittier. >:(

That Fckn sucks. Whats that going to run you?
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 12:42:20 AM »
That is way shitty.  How many impressions on that machine before this first real problem?

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 09:10:24 AM »

Big Time PITA, but, sounds like support is on it, that's a good thing!

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 09:16:02 AM »
Was it the PCB-15 board???
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline T Shirt1

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 09:23:21 AM »
And you had planned to head for the pool yesterday...... it never fails.
steve

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 12:38:19 PM »
  Long story short the Indexer controller is F$cked...  Replacement on the way....   Made a hot day even $hittier. >:(

Been there before.. PIA for sure. The trick is to keep the power on once you get it back or it'll reset again.

Remember once on a big job.. CHII  controller started going bad.. took 2 hours to get the machine up.. I put 1/2 a roll of duct tape on the power switch and a big sign stating do not turn the power off.. come in monday morning and it's all peeled back..  owner was like.. "I can't leave it on over the weekend.." are you f'en kidden me..!! took 5 hours of flipping power switch on/off to get the machine back online and 3 days to get the part in.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 07:48:03 PM »
It was the servo controller. Basically it is  the computer that handles all the indexer parameters settings ect.  I could have shipped it and tried to have it repaired but there were no guarantees  it could be fixed. It may have cost half as much to go that route but time is money. I had them ship a new unit 2nd day air.  It is going to set me back a little over 2 grand. There goes the new computer.  :'(

I did get in about 30 minutes pool time.

Offline squeegee

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 08:00:58 PM »
I think if I were you, I'd still send in the old controller and see if it can be repaired or see if you can get it fixed elsewhere for less and keep it for backup.

There's nothing like the peace of mind of having a spare around for the next time.

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 08:22:29 PM »
I think if I were you, I'd still send in the old controller and see if it can be repaired or see if you can get it fixed elsewhere for less and keep it for backup.

There's nothing like the peace of mind of having a spare around for the next time.
Definately a good idea!!
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 09:11:59 PM »
It was the servo controller. Basically it is the computer that handles all the indexer parameters settings ect.  I could have shipped it and tried to have it repaired but there were no guarantees  it could be fixed. It may have cost half as much to go that route but time is money. I had them ship a new unit 2nd day air.  It is going to set me back a little over 2 grand. There goes the new computer:'(

I did get in about 30 minutes pool time.

Sounds to me like the new computer is on its way...

Sorry to hear bad sh!t Donnie. Glad you won't be down for to long...
Now GET IN THE POOL!
Here we go ...again

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 09:57:36 PM »

I was thinking about that.

Now GET IN THE POOL!

I didn't have to think about that.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 07:25:34 PM »
Update... installed the controller. Still f*cked.  The only other problem could be short in cables OR the servo motor. Over nighted both. Got a deadline Wed.  This is getting on the EDGE.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »
Damn that sucks. Thats getting spendy.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 09:38:52 PM »
I know the fear, I am a weekend printer, and I am redundant out the butt! two auto presses, two dryers, two exposure units, four ink jet printers, and only ONE of me. I'm screwed if I go out.