Author Topic: Epson 4900 w/ Accurip  (Read 1634 times)

Offline head north

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
Epson 4900 w/ Accurip
« on: October 10, 2013, 11:50:42 AM »
We're picking up an Epson 4900 this weekend and will be running Accurip with it (our 3800 is on its last legs), just wanted to see if anyone else running the same combo has any suggestions as far as settings, etc.  I know we'll have to tweak AR but just as a starting point what are your settings?
Anyone using the matte black from Epson for films?  We currently use the hybrid ink from inkjetcarts.us.  Wondering if the Epson OEM ink will work or if we should replace all the carts (or even just one) for all black?  Any info, suggestions, tips greatly appreciated!
Scott
Head North Printing
www.headnorthprinting.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Epson 4900 w/ Accurip
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 12:00:18 PM »
I have nothing to back this up with other than a conversation with a knowledgeable printer, but my understanding is the 4900 series heads are not as durable as the 4800 heads.

look into AccuInk from Chromaline.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 12:14:54 PM »
We have the 4900 with AR, just waiting on Pierre to tell me how well it prints! ;)
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 02:16:37 PM »
We have the 4900 with AR, just waiting on Pierre to tell me how well it prints! ;)

I guess I should find the time to open the box! 'still sitting in the warehouse. I'll get to it over the weekend!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 06:19:12 PM »
inkjetcarts RUINED my 4900!  Stick with the matte black its more expensive, but worth it in the long run.  I bought 2 more 4900s and will ONLY use Epson Matte Black for my films, it works great.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender