Author Topic: Stitch Speed  (Read 6145 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Stitch Speed
« on: September 25, 2013, 02:09:14 PM »
What are you guys generally running your machines at for flats and caps.  Include your brand as well as that may be helpful for those who already or are looking to own a particular brand.  I know we could increase our speed but wanted to first check and see if some of you consistently run your machines faster without issues.

Tajima
650 caps
800 flats

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Stitch Speed
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 02:15:13 PM »
What are you guys generally running your machines at for flats and caps.  Include your brand as well as that may be helpful for those who already or are looking to own a particular brand.  I know we could increase our speed but wanted to first check and see if some of you consistently run your machines faster without issues.

Tajima
650 caps
800 flats

Barudans and we run same as you except some hats we go up to 700.
"No man is an island"

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 02:32:19 PM »
  We have older Tajimas and run 600 flats and hats.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 03:32:57 PM »

Tajima
650 caps
800 flats

That's funny you say that.  One reason I was asking this is because I am at the beginning of a 400 piece run of caps with 10,000 stitches and had bumped the speed up from 650 to 700.  Everything looked good but after two rounds but I wanted to see if others have run there caps faster with success.  With 6 heads I will be at this for a while so any time saved without pushing the machine too hard would be helfpful.

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 03:41:13 PM »
I run ours 650-700 depending on the cap.  Flats I run at 850.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 04:08:05 PM »

Tajima
650 caps
800 flats

That's funny you say that.  One reason I was asking this is because I am at the beginning of a 400 piece run of caps with 10,000 stitches and had bumped the speed up from 650 to 700.  Everything looked good but after two rounds but I wanted to see if others have run there caps faster with success.  With 6 heads I will be at this for a while so any time saved without pushing the machine too hard would be helfpful.

Our machines are later 90's models so 700 is about the max for us on caps and only certain designs. But when you go to the tradeshows the late model barudans seem to run caps at 1,000 easily, I am sure they are cherry picked caps but from what I hear Barudans are the best at caps in the business. Not sure on other brands tho.

I would bump up your speed and if everything looks good and needles are not breaking run with it.

"No man is an island"

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 04:28:09 PM »
We are running our new Barudan at 850-900 on hats.  We dont sew flats on it.

SWF's 650-750 generally. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 04:34:03 PM »
We were wanting a recent model used Barudan but got tired of waiting and picked up a 2006 Tajima.  We don't do a lot of embroidery but it has been nice to be able to stop outsourcing it.  I will see if I can increase it any more.

That is awesome to be sewing at that speed on caps Brandt.  Money well spent on your Barudan if I say so myself.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 04:42:22 PM »
We were wanting a recent model used Barudan but got tired of waiting and picked up a 2006 Tajima.  We don't do a lot of embroidery but it has been nice to be able to stop outsourcing it.  I will see if I can increase it any more.

That is awesome to be sewing at that speed on caps Brandt.  Money well spent on your Barudan if I say so myself.

It's enough I want to sell my SWFs and replace it with more Barudans for sure.  But we are in a GOOD place right now with number of machines so we can be real felxiable with it all, we have cut a general 2-3 week time line to more like 1.5 week turn on the high side since having it.  It's blowing through work. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »
750 on flats and 650-700 on caps on old Tajimas.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 05:25:50 PM »
By no means are we a good example to go by since we are so new to embroidery, but we are running caps at 650 and flats at 850. It's been really nice to run all of our embroidery ourselves and we are learning so much every day as we keep the thing running all day every day. I just wish we knew so much more!

We are running a 2000 model Tajima 4 head

Offline beanie357

• !!!
  • Patience begets quality
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 06:29:38 PM »
New tajimas
900-950 flats depending on jumps and trims
700 hats

Offline Admiral

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 06:31:25 PM »
flats
860-960 depending on design

hats
680-760 depending on design

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 07:59:20 AM »
650 on hats and around 700-750 on flats.

No rush :)

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 08:03:00 AM »
wow, we are at 850-920 on everything...mainly due to I don't have a clue what I'm doing..so do it faster!! haha

toyota 850, 1997 model too....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...