Author Topic: Latest version of the white t-shirt scam 9-10-13  (Read 3898 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Latest version of the white t-shirt scam 9-10-13
« on: September 10, 2013, 05:24:40 PM »
Any of you guys seen this one yet?

Hello Owner/General Manager

Greetings how are you doing today? My name is Mark Rowley I'm sending you this email because i will be needing your service i have a seminar coming up on  the 20th of September by 3pm ...I hope you do Screen printing on T shirts and accept all major credit card as method of payment if yes. i have some T-shirt i'll need you to do Screen printing on them all together are 100 dozen of T-shirts white in color and i'll like to put at the front of the T-shirts (ARISE AND SHINE) you move down lower and put (ISHIA 60 Vs 1) i need a perfect job on the T-shirts the total of the T-shirts are 1200Pcs.Sizes are M=74Cm 400pcs, XL=78cm 400pcs and XXL=80cm 400pcs.i will have a private carrier have the T-shirts deliver to your shop so you can work on them...so kindly get back to me the request information below..

Full name..
Shop Address..
Cell phone and Business phone number..
Types of credit card you accept..
Estimate of your service..

Thank you in anticipation of your prompt and favorable reply..

Best regard
Mark Rowley

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
Re: Latest version of the white t-shirt scam 9-10-13
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 05:36:14 PM »
I've gotten that one about four or five times already

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 05:58:16 PM »
something similar few weeks back . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 06:00:18 PM »
Have them deliver the shirts, keep them.  LOL
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 06:35:49 PM »
i need a perfect job

They always have that in there somewhere, it's uncanny, like they all come from one scam operation.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 06:38:08 PM »
Got that one last week, Told them it would be 2 million dollars. Didn't hear back.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 10:11:27 PM »
i need a perfect job

They always have that in there somewhere, it's uncanny, like they all come from one scam operation.

Yep, that was the tell-tale sign that made me 100% sure it was scam.  Then it went into the cm's and they would deliver the shirts via private carrier blah blah blah.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 11:57:34 PM »
Got that one last week, Told them it would be 2 million dollars. Didn't hear back.

I'd do it for half that.....  :D
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline prozyan

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 12:51:53 AM »
At least this one gets the count right.  Last time I saw this, they wanted 25 dozen for a total of 420 shirts.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 09:55:09 AM »
I hope I get this one.  I need some test print shirts bad.  Wish they were darks though, but white will do for now.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 10:34:44 AM »
I hope I get this one.  I need some test print shirts bad.  Wish they were darks though, but white will do for now.

We're in the same boat.  Get me contact info if it works out.  ;)

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 11:24:12 AM »

Too funny, we always reply with one million dollars. The tell for me is ARISE AND SHINE. We have about a dozen versions of this scam but they all see to have ARISE AND SHINE somewhere in the email or graphic.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 06:18:15 PM »
I have baited the hook and pitched it out into the current, I'm gonna try to set the hook and rip the lips off this one. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 10:06:17 PM »
   I got this exact one too, but with a catch...it came from an email of what appeared to be a promo company from around the ATL area which is close to me). I googled the company and found an address (albeit residential), and a website as well. It seemed to me like an awful lot of work to just APPEAR legit, and most of these scammers do not seem to put that much back-story into their scams. In the end, my thought was maybe they hijacked another company's abandoned-but-not-removed website and accompanying email addresses.
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline topquality78

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 11:00:48 PM »
Ok, I got this one last week and have been doing some snooping and playing along.  So far I have been given a MasterCard with address, phone and all info. I feel like the scammer needs to be scammed. I looked up the card billing phone number and it came up a furniture store in Pittsburgh, PA. When I looked further at them I got a Russian yellow pages add that they are associated with. Not sure if that means anything.  Anyway, I am deciding how to mess with these guys and what else i may do. I am worried from what else I found that they are in the medical/ healthcare field and maybe caring for elderly or disabled people and stealing their credit cards. Any, I will keep you posted. The least they could do is change up their wording, and I have never before been told do a perfect job for me and I give you 100.00 tip. Lol
Becca
www.topqualityscreenprinting. com