Author Topic: Freehand Load Window7Pr0  (Read 1236 times)

Offline dlac

Freehand Load Window7Pr0
« on: September 03, 2013, 04:12:58 PM »
Ok.. I have been an XP junkie since I left my MAC... No at this age I had to dump the XP and have Windows7Pro because of the 64bit and the adobe cloud.. I have a week of pretty steep learning curve and of course lost my outlook express so just one woe after another.. I have been not using freehand very much in the past 6 months and am doing Illustrator 5.5 and getting along just great.. however.. I have a ton of art in freehand that I used to be able to open in freehand and export to Illy.. Now I cannot reload my Freehand 11.. it will take the serial number (mine) say it is going to load it but then says there is no one at home to approve the serial number and I get an icon but no program.. so All of the art on my drive shows up as a white page and nothing will open it.. Ruined my life.. anyway around any of this..
dlac
Rastor to Vector is my favorite.. disastor is my
specialty and Dots make me crazy...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Freehand Load Window7Pr0
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 05:06:34 PM »
Do you still have your old machine and XP and Freehand?

Perhaps, on it,  you can open a file, convert it to something more friendly, then import it or open it on your new set-up.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline dlac

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 05:52:18 PM »
this is my old machine.. I was going to buy new but the shop said this was way better than good enough and I had actually paid for windows7Pro when I bought the machine and downgraded to xp.. my old hard drive is now in this machine but I don't think xp is in there.. should go look I suppose..
david
maybe this will make me start drawing a little more and not have me count on my old art so much..LOL..
Rastor to Vector is my favorite.. disastor is my
specialty and Dots make me crazy...

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 06:05:34 PM »
this is my old machine.. I was going to buy new but the shop said this was way better than good enough and I had actually paid for windows7Pro when I bought the machine and downgraded to xp.. my old hard drive is now in this machine but I don't think xp is in there.. should go look I suppose..
david
maybe this will make me start drawing a little more and not have me count on my old art so much..LOL..

if your old hard drive is in the new machine, you probably still have the XP there. Have somebody set it up as a dual boot and you'll have access to everything you need. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 06:23:23 PM »
There are literally a ton of links to convert your Outlook Express (DBX) to MS Outlook (PST).

I had to do it myself a while back, but now I just use Google Mail for almost everything.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 06:42:19 PM »
You are not the only one who misses Freehand, and resents its demise and broken promises by Adobe. We got screwed.

One cool thing in Freehand is the ability to mix screen frequencies in the same piece of art.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 10:18:17 AM »
My wife loved freehand, past tense, but it won't run anymore, it's just too old for the system. I started with Freehand 2.0 originally, but was converted to Illustrator when I hired an artist who was only familiar with Illy, and had to edit his work sometimes. Shortly, I just switched over to Illy, and haven't looked back. Of course there are some things I miss, but so what, it's gone, get over it I told myself. I think Pierre's answer might be your best bet, but if it helps, I do find that Illy opens my old Freehand files... good luck.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't