Author Topic: Here's an interesting one that happened today..  (Read 1248 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Here's an interesting one that happened today..
« on: July 19, 2013, 10:13:23 AM »
Third year doind a basketball camp for someone in Jersey. The person holding the camp played college ball here and is from jersey. Well his girlfriend places the order.

They are picking up today. Well this morning i get a phone call from the guy saying that him and his girlfriend are haveing issues and that he personally is driving up from jersey (4.5 hr drive) to pick them up and pay for them. I say ok. Well then his girlfriend came in to pickup and pay.

Sooooo, what to do? caught in the middle. Well she brought up a good point that she placed the order and she did everything as far as artwork and i was communicating with her, not him..So i let her pickup and pay..

Would you have done the same thing?

Rob

Offline aauusa

Re: Here's an interesting one that happened today..
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 10:16:05 AM »
You did the right thing.  It was her that was the customer.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 10:17:04 AM »
Hey, if she is paying for them, she can have them.  It isn't your job to get in the middle.  She placed the order, she is your contact.  What happens if he was BSing you?  You aren't a counselor, you do shirts, and if the person that placed the order came in to get them and paid for them, that's how it works.

I wouldn't want to be in your shoes though.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 10:22:41 AM »
hey if the guy shows up, just print some more and have him pay too!

pierre

p.s. I would probably call him to see what he as to say.
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 10:25:32 AM »
I would give it to the person who signed the invoice...

sam

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 10:33:28 AM »
I let him know...he just asked me how long would it take to do them again...crap..i dont have enough white shirts here..he needs them today...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 10:34:34 AM »
i see a trip to michaels in your future. ;)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 10:37:41 AM »
Call your local friendly industry friend to get a loan on shirts or pay for them on the spot. people do that.  or, go down to Wal Mart and purchase what you need at retail. At least you get the print profits.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 10:40:42 AM »
We had that happen with one of our customers, him and his wife got into it and she picked up the order before he could call us and burn them, we had to reprint the whole order for him again.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ondalevel

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 08:53:13 PM »
So inquiring minds want to know, what was the end result.  Did you print in this 100 degree heat and get them done or is the guy staying at your house tonight while you finish the second job.  Like they said, your in a pickle.  Good  luck

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 10:54:38 PM »
Money talks.

:)
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 06:54:42 PM »
ahh..no i did not reprint them for him. i didnt think i could get 50 shirts at Michaels and what not..Im to busy to drive around getting all the sizes.. I just said i could get them for him on monday..didnt hear back..

I am rockin once again..vaca next friday and buried.

and to add to it another 300 pc order this week!