Author Topic: iphone music playlists and albums  (Read 933 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
iphone music playlists and albums
« on: July 17, 2013, 04:24:01 PM »
I just started using CopyTrans to copy and paste albums to my iphone. (I am not an itunes guy)
However, my first attempt at a playlist not only placed this playlist and its songs in the correct section, but added the dozens of albums that those songs came from (albeit each with only the one song listed as its contents) to the album section.
Any way to work around this? It makes the album list rather unwieldy as well as inaccurate as they aren't albums.

Or, in Apple's tech brains, is this not really a section of albums, but merely a list of the albums that are represented by all of the individual songs on the device?

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: iphone music playlists and albums
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 09:57:15 PM »
I just spoke with my son and was given the news that I didn't want to hear...that this is just the way itunes does it. live with it, sigh

It's the exact reason that I have avoided itunes on my computer for as long as I have had music files. I like to organize my way.
So, at least by using Copy Trans rather than itunes on my computer, I don't have to muck up my full library, just tolerate the way that Apple wants to play with it on my phone.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 11:32:32 PM »
I feel your pain, just give us a copy and paste option instead of that "create playlist" BS, it's hardly intuitive, and really just a PITA.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 08:56:58 AM »
Since I had my iPod first, I haven't gotten around to putting the music on my iPhone. But then, I'm not walking around with earbuds in my ears either, so I keep them separate. As far as management, I do use iTunes, and you can arrange any way you want. I have lots of onesies and twosies which display the albums, but it doesn't confuse me, as I know I don't have the whole album. I arrange by artist, not album, and it works best for me. I hated the most recent update, but got used to it after a while.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't