Author Topic: Update on my daughter's heart  (Read 2495 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Update on my daughter's heart
« on: July 02, 2013, 01:50:29 PM »
From my wife:

Ava is now in the 35% for weight and 78% for height! Her hole is still the same size but her heart has grown so proportionally it's "smaller." Her cardiologist says she is a great candidate for the transcatheter closure (through the leg rather than open heart) and we're going to schedule a visit to Eggleston soon. It has one of the best pediatric heart centers in the country. Her surgery will be late summer/early fall which is approaching quickly! I tried to talk to her about it and she thinks I'm being so silly, "mommy, I don't have a hole in my heart! That's just a knock knock joke!" I wish it were a joke my little angel.... ;-) we're coping just fine as we know this is what's best for Ava. Xoxo!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Update on my daughter's heart
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 02:01:47 PM »
Brad, I hope everything works out OK, for that matter I know it will and you guys will have to save money for that big wedding one day!!

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 02:05:52 PM »
Best wishes to your daughter and loved ones.....

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 02:08:34 PM »
Best to you and yours.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 02:13:14 PM »
Wow.  Good news that she's a candidate for that process but sad to hear in the first place. Thats got to be tough as a child and as a family to go through. I can't imagine. Prayers for you and the family my friend.

D

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 02:46:01 PM »
dude....i'm sending the good vibe your way to you and your family!

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 02:54:37 PM »
I know a guy that can make some balloons for her. Just let me know what you want...
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 02:57:10 PM »
good to hear B....my kids are almost the same age as yours so I can only imagine how tough it can be. 

Matt makes some kick ass balloons..I know, I have some...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 03:05:48 PM »
Matt, I will take you up on that.  Her favorite color is pinkandpurple, yes, to her that is 1 color.  I will work up some art and send it down.  Thank you so much!!!!

I appreciate it guys, i really do.  I am tearing up right now reading the responses.  She is really doing great, 2 years ago she was in the bottom 1% for weight and around 50-60% for height.  She has really sprouted up and is looking much healthier.

Thanks!!!!!!

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 03:28:20 PM »
From my wife:

Ava is now in the 35% for weight and 78% for height! Her hole is still the same size but her heart has grown so proportionally it's "smaller." Her cardiologist says she is a great candidate for the transcatheter closure (through the leg rather than open heart) and we're going to schedule a visit to Eggleston soon. It has one of the best pediatric heart centers in the country. Her surgery will be late summer/early fall which is approaching quickly! I tried to talk to her about it and she thinks I'm being so silly, "mommy, I don't have a hole in my heart! That's just a knock knock joke!" I wish it were a joke my little angel.... ;-) we're coping just fine as we know this is what's best for Ava. Xoxo!

Brad, keep these thoughts in mind during the darkest moments, you are making one of life’s best journeys as you and your special little girl build the relationship that I am sure is to be one of the most treasured part of your life.  MAKE the time, don’t take the time, to hold her, love her, and be a part of her everyday life as the two of you share bugs, soccer, science fairs, mud puddles, girl scouts, drama queen moments, skinned knees & eventually boys and all that goes with creating and enjoying your lives together.  Take it from me Dad, it’s the best thing life has to offer!

Long before you are ready she will be wanting to tackle the world on her own -- and you will look back and wonder where the time went.  Make sure your memories are of the things ‘that you did’ together rather ‘than what you could have done!’

Work will take care of itself without 24/7 oversight by you, delegate and enjoy your special little girl.   

Long life, Health, & Love to all, tell her you love her every chance you get!

Greg Kitson
The little old t-shirt guy in Indiana
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 03:52:54 PM »
Thanks Greg!  Your advice is not falling on deaf ears.  If I ever work late it's after the kids are in bed or i go in early.  The other day she wanted to go to a little pop-up fair with me and "mommy could stay home with baby Vaughn"  It made me smile, except I am not a fan of heights...especially on equipment that was assembled by carnies.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 04:54:30 PM »
Brad, she'll be OK. Kids are tough these days.
We'll think about you guys. If there is any way we could help, let us know.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 06:17:18 PM »
Hang in there Brad, I think it's tougher on the parents than the kids; they just have the greatest attitude sometimes. I had some extensive eye surgery when I turned 7, way back, and one of my best memories was playing with the other kids in the ward; we had various issues, but somehow, we just wanted to play. Your on my prayer list now, along with most of the rest of the world. God bless man...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 07:44:59 PM »
thoughts are with you and yours Brad, keep in good spirits man.

Offline Northland

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 09:29:02 PM »
Best wishes to you and your daughter....
Here's what I'd suggest you dance too... at her wedding in about 20 years.... as I did with my daughter, last year.

Frank Sinatra - The Way You Look Tonight Original