Author Topic: Just a new picture of the current state of my Pocono Screens mesh  (Read 11934 times)

Offline T Shirt Farmer

Re: Just a new picture of the current state of my Pocono Screens mesh
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 04:09:33 PM »
Shelly,

before you go Newman take a look at the shur-loc  EZ frame product, I have both types if you have any questions pm me.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 04:24:51 PM »
I wish Newmans weren't 5-6 weeks out.   
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline shellyky

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 04:37:32 PM »
Then if you're doing all the right stuff to your xenon screens then I may just be in for one more small run before we go roller frames. These 20 or so that have gone bad have really set me back on 230s. I'll keep you posted. Thanks a lot.

Ps. These have a slight circular grinding pattern on them. In all honest I can peel the mesh off like a post it note. Lol even a bad one with good glue I'd have a hard time peeling the mesh at all.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:41:19 PM by shellyky »

Online TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 04:44:55 PM »

Second, it appears that the pre-abrasion of the frame is either poor or non existent. Often skimped on due to cost this is a critical step. The optimum way to achieve the best and most uniform abrasion is bead blasting. Most frame providers do not provide this service any more because it's a price war game out there. Grinding is inferior unless you have a Grunig or Harlacher unit designed for this specific purpose.

That is the first thing I noticed. A lot of places will just take a grinding disk and call it good so they can get out the door. The "divots" or "cuts" the grinder puts in actually end up being too smooth of a finish. If there is more of a rough surface(think 60 grit sandpaper texture) the adhesive works waaaaaaayyy better. We have stretched and maintained frames here in the high 30's and lower 40's.... Also like Tony said the 2 part adhesive works better but if your business is stretching frames, it cuts down your output speed. 
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 05:05:53 PM »
Shelly,

before you go Newman take a look at the shur-loc  EZ frame product, I have both types if you have any questions pm me.

Agreed, I love my Newmans but I recently got some of the Shur-loc EZ 125 frames and couldn't be happier with them, its nice to have both in the shop.

Offline beanie357

• !!!
  • Patience begets quality
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 05:26:00 PM »
We use newmans, but needed a quick 80 screens for a job we needed to hold screens on. Same result from pocono. Keep out of dip tank, and we seem to be avoiding the issue. Cci environ strip and enviro wash for chems. The ones that let go let go immediately. Can't speak for longer term.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 05:35:51 PM »
Then if you're doing all the right stuff to your xenon screens then I may just be in for one more small run before we go roller frames. These 20 or so that have gone bad have really set me back on 230s. I'll keep you posted. Thanks a lot.

Ps. These have a slight circular grinding pattern on them. In all honest I can peel the mesh off like a post it note. Lol even a bad one with good glue I'd have a hard time peeling the mesh at all.
Let me know how I can help.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 09:23:43 PM »

Let me know how I can help.

Gimme a break on the shipping :)!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 10:24:19 PM »
I'm going to toss my 2c in here.

I've got newmans, but also still have quite a few static aluminum's and wooks around.  They cover anywhere from 2 to 6 years old.  I'm pretty sure most are from the same local dealer, but given the overall time, I'm sure their suppliers have varied.  Especially since some are thicker aluminum frames that others.

My workspace is a garage and this year, I've had about half of mine do exactly what happened to Shelly.  Since mine run the gamut for time and I assume original framers, I have surmised heat (hey, its a garage even if it is insulated) and the aluminum frames do not play well together.  It has ONLY happened to the aluminum as I have a number of woods that still have their mesh. 
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 01:46:20 AM »

Dude I told you like two years ago to jump on any used ones you could find to get started. They are bullet proof. GET ON IT KID.

:D
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Get Shirts

Just a new picture of the current state of my Pocono Screens mesh
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 06:16:33 AM »
I second the EZ's!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2013, 06:16:48 AM »

Dude I told you like two years ago to jump on any used ones you could find to get started. They are bullet proof. GET ON IT KID.

:D

No used for me.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Croft

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2013, 08:07:18 AM »
this has happened to me from one supplier in the past , I was told it was my ink remover that was BS because It hadn't changed in years . Asked my other supplier and found it was the product they were using . They knew this because I wasn't the only one to switch to them because of this problem.  Some screens were fine for a time but they ultimately let go.
 Don't know what product my supplier is using but it is red and has never let go in years.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2013, 08:23:07 AM »
Red= Lacquer

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2013, 08:55:39 AM »
i've heard those grunigs are sweet.  I think spot color has one.

You can tell which frames have been PROPERLY prepped and which ones haven't.

We do have one, and they do rock!!!

The deep grooves it leaves has basically eliminated de-lamination issues (Unless they are due to chemistry)

Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!