Author Topic: Toy's  (Read 12570 times)

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Toy's
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2013, 07:29:29 PM »
Nice flex on that Samarai.  Those things are pretty legendary in their off road ability.  Do you have lockers on that thing?

Thanks! Ya it does GREAT off road, not so well on road. But I welded both the front and rear diffs so it's locked front and rear. It's got 6.5:1 transfer case gears, 5:12 diff gears, custom 4 link rear, sitting on 33's and lots of other little goodies all built on a super tight budget by me in my driveway.....no baller status here. ;0)

Complete build thread can be found here, if you wanna check it out.
http://www.zukikrawlers.com/showthread.php?t=23860

Nick

I thought that looked familiar. Zukicrawlers is awesome. Sold my Zuk last year. Just not using it enough. That thing has been up every trial at the Hammers. Now I miss it damn it. Same specs as you except I had lockers front and rear. Other than mine having more dents they are damn close.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2013, 10:58:06 AM »
I thought that looked familiar. Zukicrawlers is awesome. Sold my Zuk last year. Just not using it enough. That thing has been up every trial at the Hammers. Now I miss it damn it. Same specs as you except I had lockers front and rear. Other than mine having more dents they are damn close.

Thanks! I love ZK without it I'm not sure how I would have built this rig. This Zuk has yet to let me down, it goes EVERYWHERE I point it, sometimes I seriously question a line and then give it a try and it walks right up it! It has been down more than it has been on the trails the past three years and I have considered selling it a few times but I just can't bring myself to do it, I just have too much personal time invested into it and when it is on the trail I love it so it's hard to think about letting it go so that's why I keep it. And I like my sheet metal so I try to keep it straight.  :P

Nick

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2013, 12:53:18 PM »
My parents have taken my old 93' Land Cruiser and having a Tundra engine and tranny put into it, front and rear ARB lockers, 3" lift, ARB sliders, front bumper, rear bumper, among a few other things.  I can't wait to see it and drive it.  I've got a rear locker on the FJ and the 3" lift sitting in my garage, a snorkel, 255/85/16 mud terrain tires and an ARB front bumper on order.  It won't be a rock crawler per se but it will certainly be a very capable FJ.  The 93' land cruiser when it's done will be unstoppable.  When I had it, only a center diff lock, it never let me down.  I took that thing through more places than my Z71 and F150 friends could go.  The only vehicle that could keep up was a jeep sahara an ex girlfriend of mine owned.  Honestly the Jeep would go a few more places than the Land Cruiser but it wasn't near as comfortable getting to the trail or on it.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Grumpy Ole Artist

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2013, 10:45:58 AM »
the "Cheaper chopper" new school Chinese Schwinn Stingray with 2 stroke 80 cc Chinese single cylinder engine...Lotta fun, but folks look at me kinda funny when I'm out on it.
Humor is the unexpected juxtaposition of incongruities.

Offline Grumpy Ole Artist

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2013, 10:50:01 AM »
1978 KZ650...20K miles on the clock...sat outside for 10 years before I found and rescued her...rough, but a work in progress
Humor is the unexpected juxtaposition of incongruities.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2013, 05:35:42 PM »
Had a buddy of mine buy a nice Honda Gold wing for get this $100 bucks, he was doing some work for a lady and saw it in her barn and ask if she would sell it.  He said the reason he got it so cheap was it was her ex husband and he used to go biking with his mistress on it before she found out, so she took it in the divorce with a few other things he liked, been sitting there for about 4 to 5 years..very nice bike, he had to replace a few items due to she hit it with a baseball bat.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2013, 10:22:23 PM »
got one of these, but it's been sitting in the back of the shop for 4 years now. 'start it a couple of times a year. I don't think I'll get a chance to ride again this year, but should be good to go next or even this fall.

not my bike, but it is exactly the same . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2013, 08:11:59 AM »
This

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2013, 09:24:09 AM »
This

wait, isn't that what they use to print the dollar bills? Can I borrow it?  ;D

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2013, 10:02:07 AM »
If you want to pay the freight both ways. (350 lbs)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2013, 10:20:52 AM »
I have to apologize that I pretty much ignored this thread initially, but now see that it went way beyond trucks that can't get over the speed bump by my driveway, lol!

Here's my toy, though like Pierre, I don't ride as much as I should.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2013, 01:11:02 PM »
This

I'm jealous.  Although if it only weighs 350 pounds... well at least it's a substantial hobby model.   ;)

Wish I could remember the brand of press I used back in college.  The print bed on that thing was over an inch thick.   

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2013, 04:36:44 PM »
Speaking of classic "heavyweight" printmaking, I was introduced to lithography on some pretty serious slabs of stone.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2013, 05:50:35 PM »
nice pic of froggy above for a moment I thought he was
Burt Reynolds

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2013, 10:02:06 PM »
Cool toys, like cool presses, are great.  But what you do with them is even better!  So here is the fruit of my toy!

Saturday - a two man limit of 50 trout
Sunday - catching 5 dozen crabs with my oldest son (5 years)

Nothing like South Louisiana...unless you are printing at our shop in the summer heat!!!