Author Topic: I went from a 13 inch max print size to a 20 inch and got 50% more work...  (Read 3205 times)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Has this happened to anyone?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
I could make a good joke outta what you just wrote LOL , but i want....anyway good deal for you, means mo dolla's

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
we started offering something similar about a year ago and had 3 orders so far!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
I didn't increase my sales by 50%. Its just a creative heading to get attention. I am just curious if there is a bump. I have intentions of going to a 20 inch print size mostly for a clothing line I will be doing this winter.

Pierre, Do you change more for it? Where the 3 orders from a new client(s). Did those clients also order more smaller size orders? More money could be from getting new customers because you can handle the larger print they need sometimes. Some of the big guys shop looking for what they need. Maybe they only do one 20 inch full front print out of all the shirts they print. They will not do the rest of their work with you if you can do that one job.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
It's definitely got us more work, but it's not anything extravagant. Mainly we went with big print size
because it sucks turning down work due to mechanical capabilities.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
We get a good bit of oversized stuff.  I wouldn't say we are rolling in it over those jobs but we bill a little more and its not really anymore work just move the screen hangers and use larger screens.  It gets you attention, which is worth something.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
I'm not Pierre, but to answer your question I would up charge more for a larger print...reason, your using more ink,emulsion,tape etc, it might not seem like much more but it adds up over time.  You could just bump your price list up to justified all your prints large or small, that way you want have that back and forth pricing.  In the ten plus years we've been in business I think I've had only half doz people ask for large size prints, the last one was a few weeks ago, I gave them Brandts # and website info.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Like most things, we upcharge if they are obnoxious or the quantity is low. Otherwise we just consider it a convenience
that lands us work other shops can't print. The additional chemicals etc. are minor at the print sizes we're talking about.
Long print strokes do slow the press down a bunch though.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
our standard print size is 12x15. we charge $0.50 extra for 15x20 and charge double for 22x24.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
I could make a good joke outta what you just wrote LOL , but i want....anyway good deal for you, means mo dolla's

Darryl

The only thing missing was a picture of Ron Jeremy . . .
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Hey Brandt, what's the max image dimensions that you have gotten out of the sportsman?
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Hey Brandt, what's the max image dimensions that you have gotten out of the sportsman?

We print 15x17 on 23x31s comfy and that's our standard max print area.  We print 15x23 on 25x36s. I think would get a little more but not a lot. 

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
I just pulled off a 19.25" long text print down the side of a shirt on the 8 color Sportsman. Basically 1.25" longer than it's supposed to go. A little creative screen clamp fidgeting and a crazy steep squeegee angle makes it work.

We don't really do much big stuff though. We have a set of oversize pallets and squeegees that have sat unused for years. I don't think the shop has any screens bigger than 23x31.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline inkbrigade

we upcharge if they are obnoxious

Haha you should add that up charge to your price list!
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
I just pulled off a 19.25" long text print down the side of a shirt on the 8 color Sportsman. Basically 1.25" longer than it's supposed to go. A little creative screen clamp fidgeting and a crazy steep squeegee angle makes it work.

We don't really do much big stuff though. We have a set of oversize pallets and squeegees that have sat unused for years. I don't think the shop has any screens bigger than 23x31.

How much you want for them pallets and squeegees?  What size? 

I wanna get some 20 inch wide ones.