Author Topic: digital prints  (Read 2548 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
digital prints
« on: June 27, 2011, 12:28:20 PM »
does anyone have a recommendation for digital transfers (for caps) other than Stahls or Transfer Express.
Thank you
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: digital prints
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 12:31:09 PM »
we can do them but they blow moosenuts. . . ;) they feel like rubber on the shirt. Specialty Materials is the product we have in stock, PITA to work worth too. . .but we can run off a few if needed.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline SkylinePrints

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 12:31:44 PM »
i talked to Homer one time about making digital transfers.  my customer never finalized the order so I didnt get to order any but I'd say check with him.
Have a great day! :)
 Nathan Harrison Skyline Prints Embroidery & Screen Printing 4982 Bill Gardner Pkwy  Locust Grove, GA 30248  (770) 914-1558  www.SkylinePrints.com  Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/skylineprints or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/skylineprints

Offline SkylinePrints

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 12:32:24 PM »
well crap... Homer beat me but I'd still recommend him.   :)
Have a great day! :)
 Nathan Harrison Skyline Prints Embroidery & Screen Printing 4982 Bill Gardner Pkwy  Locust Grove, GA 30248  (770) 914-1558  www.SkylinePrints.com  Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/skylineprints or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/skylineprints

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 12:37:30 PM »
Ace transfers might be able to help.  Their printed transfers are great.

Only since Homer doesn't like his.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 01:40:59 PM »
For digital, I run my own inkjet transfers. They work great. I only do ones that work on white or light, and remember that you probably want five panel hats rather than the more common six
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 11:21:01 PM »
we can do them but they blow moosenuts

Hmmm, never heard that one. I would assume that would be in the same category of sorrier than a wino's ass.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 11:32:56 PM »
No.

I think yours beat him out.  But that's just me.   :-\
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 06:41:56 AM »
Hey gang
Thanks for the help.
Homer, I need a shirt load so the PITA material probably will not work. Interested in the moosenuts thing though, I may be in love or I could be depending on how the moosenuts thing goes. ::)

Andy, crap I never thought of that,  one of the jobs I have is light colored so off to Staples for transferpaper...thank you that will work!

gonna call Ace , Stalhs is OK but they are SNOOTY and stuck up and don't like my stupid questions, they really need some customer service training.
Trans Exp I know is a Stahls co but much nicer people  except they screwed up my last order 100+ pieces, they ADDED background in the art that nobody wanted then I had to proove they did it...... in their defense they did fix the problem once I helped them understand they were the problem.   
Thanks all for the help.

respectfully
mooseman

DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 08:49:24 AM »
Hey Mooseman, I use Stahl's and Transfer Express a lot, and haven't had any issues yet, maybe you've had bad luck, but my customers have been very happy with the product. Like  Andy, I make some here too for light garments and shirts. but I get the CadPrintz a lot, and it's a nice product. I've also used their photo prints for high quantity apron jobs with full color. Aprons usually have a texture that really messes up fine detail, and the transfers cure that.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 09:06:05 AM »

Andy, crap I never thought of that,  one of the jobs I have is light colored so off to Staples for transferpaper...thank you that will work!

Hey Moose, on a hat, both hand and durability may not be as much of an issue as with shirts, but I am very happy both of those qualities with Jet Pro Soft Stretch from Neenah Papers.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 06:17:14 PM »
Steve & Andy,
Thanks for the support.
On Stahls I just seem to have a thin skin for the attitude????? Maybe the 3 or4 times I called I just bumped into a person having a bad day or I come off like an idiot on the phone also. It is a strong trait with me, the idiot thing, I get the DEE DA DEE treatment :P

Gonna look into Neena Papers, thanks Frog.
mooseman