Author Topic: accu rip back ground noise  (Read 3522 times)

Offline Kellan3737

• Verified/Junior
accu rip back ground noise
« on: March 06, 2013, 12:01:40 AM »
I'm trying to print two colour job on my epson 1430 with accu rip, and i'm getting a continous halftone dot the entire print.  does anyone have a suggestion to get rid of this.  I'm printing from photoshop and have had this issue before.  my photoshop knowledge is not very good. but I can stumble my way through it so any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!!
Kellan

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: accu rip back ground noise
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 12:26:35 AM »
I'm trying to print two colour job on my epson 1430 with accu rip, and i'm getting a continous halftone dot the entire print.  does anyone have a suggestion to get rid of this.  I'm printing from photoshop and have had this issue before.  my photoshop knowledge is not very good. but I can stumble my way through it so any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!!

Printing out channels, correct? Use you Info Window, color picker, and check out the white/background. Anything not at 0% will print a halftone. 100% is pure black. You using Grayscale? Something slightly different maybe...

Offline Kellan3737

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 12:42:40 AM »
Im just printing straight black images one is a greyscale image non halftoned
Kellan

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 12:58:19 AM »
I ran into this a few times. You can print the file straight out of photoshop and get the artifacts then take the same file printed through Illustrator and they are gone. Never did figure it out. There was zero data where the dots would appear. Weirdest thing.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Kellan3737

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 01:22:05 AM »
I actually tried importing it into illustrator same issue doesnt make much sense.
Kellan

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 02:02:10 AM »
Im just printing straight black images one is a greyscale image non halftoned

Grayscale, huh? Go to channels. Make a duplicate channel. Use your color picker and make sure your background is 0%. Print. You will be fine.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 04:22:13 AM »
Make sure you have color correction set to none or photoshop in the print dialog. If you select printer it will do that.

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 08:17:32 AM »
Grayscale channel or spot channels,  a pixel is a pixel, but a dot, now that is a dot of a different color.
Sorry, wizard of oz flashback.

Like another mentioned, you have a 1% or more tone (all over your file). This happends during the mask and selection process ( or when scanned and not cleaned up enough in the background.

When caused by the masking and selections:fills process, it's due to filling with a black that is not 100% solid or not 100% white. Do not use the eye dropper to reference a black when filling, always hit the "D" key. That takes you back to default black and white and is always 100%....unless you've accidentally asigned a new default setting.

Copying a flat image with a black background from the RGB layers into channels is usually a culprit. When doing this, you must review you pasted black to confirm its 100% solid black or white.

Like the other guy said, use your eye dropper ( from the curves) window, command M...or control M ....and use the eye dropper on the right to refference the background. Click on the background with that eye dropper and is will clip out tha background %.

I am not familiar with what Purrre mentioned so that may be another issue.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 09:22:47 AM »
Make sure you have color correction set to none or photoshop in the print dialog. If you select printer it will do that.

Pierre

Yep.  Video number 2: http://www.softwareforscreenprinterstech.com/adobecorel

Offline Kellan3737

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 07:48:03 PM »
thanks everyone i got it all worked out!  one day I will learn haha
Kellan

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 08:24:14 PM »
thanks everyone i got it all worked out!  one day I will learn haha

what was it?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 11:33:07 PM »
Yea, part of the problem solving is sharing the fix's.  C'mon don't hold out on us. LOL.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Kellan3737

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 12:48:32 AM »
Hey sorry everyone. I followed the accurip video changed the printer settings it was a little to easy.

But I appreciate the help!
Kellan