Author Topic: Holy smokes... Epic prices What's your ink plan for 2013?  (Read 4578 times)

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Holy smokes... Epic prices What's your ink plan for 2013?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 07:01:20 PM »
Just a couple pennies, but aside from super small text etc., I have never liked P/F/P with maxopaque type colors.
In fact, that's all that Union recommended them for.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 07:58:45 PM »
That may (I hope) have been a typo.  I have three suppliers for WFX:  GSG, PSP, Nazdar.  GSG doesn't have Dallas Green on the site so I used super spring green to compare.  Averages out to 116.53/gal. 

Standard Epic is lower than the Super Opaque, around 70-80/gal. 

I do love and will stick with Epic Quick as it just ain't worth the ag once you get a good white dialed in to switch it.  Also using far, far less of all the plastisols nowadays.

I'm starting to look at vinyl-free sometime this year if some of these new ink systems test out and are affordable.  That's great for marketing and getting certain clientele (for my niche) on it's own but I wonder if it's pigments of the raw vinyl material in the plastisol driving the prices?

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 09:04:11 PM »
We have used Quick and Extreme Whites for 12+ years. Actually toured the Wilflex plant back in 1998. You could see why they are so consistent in their formulas every step of the way.  The new -PH Free Quick- is really a dream compared to years past.

When someone gets into pricing- I always think to myself- how many prints can I get out of a $100 gallon? Plennnty!
It's pretty easy to multiply $$ on any plasti although it definitely has been on the rise.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 09:18:01 PM »
We have used Quick and Extreme Whites for 12+ years. Actually toured the Wilflex plant back in 1998. You could see why they are so consistent in their formulas every step of the way.  The new -PH Free Quick- is really a dream compared to years past.

When someone gets into pricing- I always think to myself- how many prints can I get out of a $100 gallon? Plennnty!
It's pretty easy to multiply $$ on any plasti although it definitely has been on the rise.
The same amount of prints I can get out of a $50 gallon maybe ;)
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 09:39:04 PM »
Been in the business for 24 years and understand I get what I pay for.
Wilflex Lifer~

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 01:01:34 AM »
Been in the business for 24 years and understand I get what I pay for.
Wilflex Lifer~

Right there with you Gary. There is not a white out there that can touch it. I have tried them all. There is a reason why its expensive, because it works.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 07:19:31 AM »
regular xenon white.  it's opaque here.  I also will tend to run xenon as an ub and a top white like streetfighter.

I've been through Quick and White Buffalo, I have to say neither of them come close to EJ special white(auto).  That EJ is probably the best white out there for cotton and blends.

I use Wilflex for my colors, they do make very good inks.

That does sound like a price for 5 gallons.  Or it's for the PC's.  Tech Support SPS has Super Light Gold for $118 a gallon.

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 07:28:24 AM »
I just went on source one to price check a gal of Epic Super Dallas Green.....$225/gal ?!

Parmele still has it at around a hundo a gallon but dang homie, this is not good. I know Nazdar is probably "first to know" with many mfg so they are probably just ahead of schedule on a big ass price jump I presume?  It's now looking more cost effective to change part of our pricing approach.

Crazy times.  This is the first time (in biz since 2006) I've ever had to consider our pricing structure due to ink costs.  I wonder if it's just plastisol going through the damn roof or if it's the pigments or.....?   What's your ink plan for this year?

Chris:  Thanks for the heads-up on this suspiciously high price for a gallon of Wilflex Epic Super Dallas Green.  I checked against all of the other Epic Super Colors and this pricing for the Dallas green looks like a typo.  I've notified our Product Manager and Purchasing Department with a request that they investigate and to make corrections as required.     
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Online Rob Coleman

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 08:12:17 AM »
Hello all. 

Super Dallas Green was discontinued as a STANDARD product along with another 28 or so colors during the conversion from Genesis to Epic a couple years ago.  What this means is that the product is not produced in bulk by the manufacturer and is a special make-to-order.  Thus, the pricing is extremely high.  Wilflex reduced their color palette of standard inks to be more in line with competitive offerings.

Bottom line - This should not be on our eCommerce page - along with some other items that need to be cleaned up.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention! 

As a side note - the standard version of 70500 Epic Dallas Green is $73.24 for one gallon.

Thanks again!
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline mraph

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 07:43:17 PM »
Zoo
Techsupport Sps
wilflex Epic Super Spring Green

121.80 per gallon

alan
Alan Howe
Saati Chem a Division of Saati America
AHowe@Saati.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »
Zoo
Techsupport Sps

121.80 per gallon

alan

Yeah I got it.  See above post. I used super spring green to compare and it was averaging about $116 from either of my three WFX suppliers out here.   Way better than $225 but still purdy steep. 

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 09:40:52 PM »
Zoo
Techsupport Sps

121.80 per gallon

alan

Alan:  As a point of reference the original inquiry from Chris aka Zoo City was related to the price for Epic Super Dallas Green, not Epic Super Spring Green.  As a matter of interest what price does Tech Support SPS offer for a One-Gallon UM of Wilflex Super Dallas Green?
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline mraph

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 10:05:18 PM »
Peter

Thank you for catching my mistake on the color.
our price on 1 gallon of Epic Super Dallas Green is 125.00

Zoo give me a ring

Alan
Alan Howe
Saati Chem a Division of Saati America
AHowe@Saati.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 11:21:25 PM »
Super Opaques:  ≈$116/gal

Out of Production Super Opaques: ≈$225 gal  (unless someone has back stock presumably)

Just to clarify all that.

Online Rob Coleman

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 08:22:12 AM »
Super Opaques:  ≈$116/gal

Out of Production Super Opaques: ≈$225 gal  (unless someone has back stock presumably)

Just to clarify all that.

Just understand that Wilflex still has many STANDARD Super Opaques.  Super Dallas, Super Turquoise, Super Primrose. Super Flou Magenta were the ones that bit the dust and are now NON-STANDARD.  Most of the deletions were in standard shades.  Make certain you have a new color card.

Purchasing a non-standard from Wilflex is very expensive.  However, bear in mind - any Wilflex distributor can mix colors in house if they choose too and sell as that item number.  It does open up them for liability with the Epic non-phthalate.

Just be certain you are getting what you expect.

Rob
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com