Author Topic: mock up issues?  (Read 3740 times)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: mock up issues?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 10:28:26 PM »
I don't have any of the art here in front of me, but we never send mock ups as a graphic file. It's always a .jpg, as the majority of our customers don't know what illustrator is let alone have it.

Well, there you have it.  I stay out of Vegas for a while, lol.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 11:55:46 PM »
Similar issues that can arise.

Issue 1:
I know of a company that uses a lot of filters that translate great on screen, but the 4 different artist all have a different monitor and all work on the same projects at the same time to complete jobs faster. Groups of four designs for example. Then they flatten these and save as jpgs. Answer, Each artist should complete their own group and not mix it up so all jobs stay consistent.

Issue 2:
They send out jpg's to the sales rep. We found out that the Sales rep is showing the designs on his lap top. Never printing them out for fear of someone stealing his designs he's selling. (it's happened before) So his monitor is rich in color and has deep shadows.

Issue 2:
The separator has a completely different monitor and gamma setup that also has a wider color gamut and more vibrant. So when she separates, she's separating (how she sees the art) and it comes out differently than from the original.

End result, customer approved based on what they saw on lap top screen and complains that it's not the same when they get the printed samples.

BAD PROCESS.

I made my suggestions, but they didn't change a thing.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 07:07:10 AM »
I also wanted to say that's pretty stellar Brandt. Art looking good on the left - totally clear and simple explanation on the right. Looks great.

Thanks!

We list the print colors, and also a representation of it as well. 

Hey Brandt, where do you get your line elements that you use so much? Are they hand drawn or clipart? I have been wanting to do some design work for myself with those line styles.

I assume you mean the pinstripes?  Various places collected over the years Beacon had a pretty good collection at one point, and hand drawn as well.  Our main artist also used to hand pinstripe cars so when we want something one off we are able to create it as well. 

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube