Author Topic: Something effed up just happened...!  (Read 2904 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Something effed up just happened...!
« on: February 11, 2013, 11:36:37 AM »
One of my contract customers just emailed me...I have been printing for them for 6 years...they have their own product line..iWe do a lot of business together..

They just received an email from someone stating that they came to my shop and I sold them their misprints...and they wanted to know where they could buy more of the misprints?..>WTF!!??!!

They mentioned my name and shop name.they said they came in recently..I have never heard of the person and also I would NEVER, NEVER, EVER EVER do that...

How does this happen?  No idea whats going on...

I called the customer right away to talk with them...it really piusses me off that someone would be doing this!!

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Something effed up just happened...!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 11:40:18 AM »
Past employee or a competitor that knows you print for them maybe?
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:43:15 AM »
I would talk to him and reassure him what your policies and procedures are.  If you have been working with him for a while he will know that you do not take this lightly and do NOT do what you are being accused of.

sam

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 11:50:58 AM »
Yeah, something fishy is going on.

Online blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 11:55:22 AM »
have your customer tell them to stop by that shop that you have more. And then when they shop up . . .

It would not hurt if your customer was there when they come in. It would show them what's really going on.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 11:57:57 AM »
Tell your customer that you will buy back the miss prints from this person for $200 each. Then explain that  anyone in there right mind would jump at that deal. But say you never sold misprints,  this competitor will not take you up on the offer. If you have been doing work with them for 6 years they will believe you. Also tell your customer you want the email and contact info so you can sue them. Take this very seriously.

Offline JP

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 12:03:33 PM »
Damn, that is DIRTY ! I would flip the F out on a person doing this. :o

Good luck with the resolution, I'm sure everything will be fine. Especially considering the length of your relationship.

Offline mavgraph

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 12:13:32 PM »
My associates in the "sanitation" industry can help you for a small fee :)
Brad
Maverick Graphic Supply 877-MAVERIK brad@maverickgraphicsupply.com
www.maverickgraphicsupply.com
Your #1 Choice For Inkjet and Laser Film
Adopt a Beagle! www.brewbeagles.org

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 12:18:06 PM »
OK...found the doo-doo head..

My customer did a email facebook search...the persons name was different from the email name.. In her email to them she said she had a husband..on =facebook she was a lesbian...My customer gave me her name...

So i looked it up...saw picture of her and her dogs...a pug...

So then i remembered the persons name..BECAUSE the employee that i had here 2 years ago that robbed my bank account had a pug and a girlfriend with the name..

So i pulled out the police report of the arrest, pout in the girls name that stole from me..only thing online was a youtube video with one of her comments..

Watched the video...well there was the girl that robbed me, the girl that sent the email about buying misprints from me recently and the pugs...

What wonders you can investigate online..holy crap....I called and explained to customer, they are cool..they know the story...they thought something was weird when the email was one name and she was another..

This girl is haunting me 2 years later.....

But all good now..

Online blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 12:24:55 PM »
OK...found the doo-doo head..

My customer did a email facebook search...the persons name was different from the email name.. In her email to them she said she had a husband..on =facebook she was a lesbian...My customer gave me her name...

So i looked it up...saw picture of her and her dogs...a pug...

So then i remembered the persons name..BECAUSE the employee that i had here 2 years ago that robbed my bank account had a pug and a girlfriend with the name..

So i pulled out the police report of the arrest, pout in the girls name that stole from me..only thing online was a youtube video with one of her comments..

Watched the video...well there was the girl that robbed me, the girl that sent the email about buying misprints from me recently and the pugs...

What wonders you can investigate online..holy crap....I called and explained to customer, they are cool..they know the story...they thought something was weird when the email was one name and she was another..

This girl is haunting me 2 years later.....

But all good now..

I rmember that. Did she go to jail?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 12:26:02 PM »
It's a good thing most criminals are stupid, If they had  1/2 a brain then they wouldn't be so easily caught by 20 minutes of googling.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 12:30:23 PM »
Looks like round two to get the cops involved or at least someone to scare the crap out of her......... ;)

www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 12:33:10 PM »
I'm not so sure that fibbing about buying misprints is a high priority crime.
Then again, perhaps there are other statutes about intentionally damaging a business, if in fact, that con be shown to be the purpose.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 12:35:17 PM »
I would see if she has a probation officer and pay them a visit.
www.inkwerksspd.com

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 12:38:39 PM »
I know she went to jail for 2 nights.. not sure what happened after..I assume probation or something..the bank gave me my money back..I was out for $200 in checks she wrote to a vet for her dog, and the $200 shoes she bought..but got everything else back.....I am going to look into it....

not sure how to go about the disparaging a business..I may pay a visit to her with a baseball bat...shes in massachusetts..