Author Topic: My Epson Whoas  (Read 3150 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: My Epson Whoas
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 06:48:49 PM »
Very interested in this thread. I bought refillable cartridges and ink from inkjetcarts a little while back and had the same experience as the OP. I assumed it was either a bead product or I did something wrong. I've been using Epson OEM inks lately as the cartridges I was getting from 4inkjets suddenly stopped working.

I was actually just about to put a post up asking what everyone has been using or if there was a good bulk system I should look into.

I use an Epson 1400.

Hi Shane, I use the dye based ink from inksupply.com. It's the replacement for the original All Black that wanted $25.00 per cart for refills, I saved a fortune. Preston turned me onto it, and it's always worked fine.

Steve (ps, I bought my 1400 empty carts from them too)

Thanks Steve. I'll probably give their ink a shot in the cartridges I have now. Any thoughts on using a CIS system as opposed to refillable cartridges?

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 06:59:11 PM »
well a mid-day update. kept farting around with it this morning when i got in. cleaned out the spots where the ink goes in, made sure everything was fully vented up top, removed the plugs. ran some test prints and all of a sudden..... lots of printed test blocks! not sure if i had air in the lines or the cartidges were messed up at the ends, but it seems to be working just fine now. 2 weeks of screwing around.....

either way, ran a few test prints and i still have some issues with two of the cartridges not pulling ink. a regular cartridge prints fine, but not the refillable. i am getting a nice dark black though on the waterproof films though.

a few quick questions about the cleaning fluid filled cartridges. does that not water down the ink when it prints? or is your rip telling your printer which head to pull from? just downloaded the free trail of accurip so i guess we will find out. all new to us. using a set it and forget it Xante laser Postscript printer and now switching to inkjet.
What I don`t get is, so if you replace the cartridges with regular Epson ones the printer is working again straight away? The problem can`t be the inks then as there would be still plenty of dye in the tubes. It would take a while to get all the inks out the system. So the issue must be be somewhere closer to the actual cartridges. And by the way , we used to print all black with AccuRip but now we are on Wasatch Rip which in my opinion is such a improvement on AccuRip and use only 1 black which is located where the Photo black goes and the prints are much nicer. Gosh and so black. We soak as well the caping station with cleaning fluid once a week just to keep the head moist when it rest for a while. And yes it can happen that you have air in the ink tubes, just check them , you can clearly see that. In some cases the Epson printers get problems with the pump too.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 07:23:19 PM »
What I don`t get is, so if you replace the cartridges with regular Epson ones the printer is working again straight away? The problem can`t be the inks then as there would be still plenty of dye in the tubes. It would take a while to get all the inks out the system. So the issue must be be somewhere closer to the actual cartridges.

I'd say it was because the caps were on the tanks which stresses the intake pump and doesn't let ink "let down" to get to the heads.  Ask me how I know lol!

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 07:47:20 PM »
What I don`t get is, so if you replace the cartridges with regular Epson ones the printer is working again straight away? The problem can`t be the inks then as there would be still plenty of dye in the tubes. It would take a while to get all the inks out the system. So the issue must be be somewhere closer to the actual cartridges.

I'd say it was because the caps were on the tanks which stresses the intake pump and doesn't let ink "let down" to get to the heads.  Ask me how I know lol!
Probably you have seen as many Epson technicians as we have fixing our old Stylus 4000.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 09:58:46 AM »
Very interested in this thread. I bought refillable cartridges and ink from inkjetcarts a little while back and had the same experience as the OP. I assumed it was either a bead product or I did something wrong. I've been using Epson OEM inks lately as the cartridges I was getting from 4inkjets suddenly stopped working.

I was actually just about to put a post up asking what everyone has been using or if there was a good bulk system I should look into.

I use an Epson 1400.

Hi Shane, I use the dye based ink from inksupply.com. It's the replacement for the original All Black that wanted $25.00 per cart for refills, I saved a fortune. Preston turned me onto it, and it's always worked fine.

Thanks Steve. I'll probably give their ink a shot in the cartridges I have now. Any thoughts on using a CIS system as opposed to refillable cartridges?

I find the carts are pretty easy. On the 4800 I'm setting up the carts are 220ml, as opposed to the 18ml of the 1400 carts, so that solves that pretty much. With the 1400, hit the ink button, when the carts center, refill them without even taking them out, hit the ink button again and go.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 11:48:24 AM »

I use an Epson 1400.

I find the carts are pretty easy. On the 4800 I'm setting up the carts are 220ml, as opposed to the 18ml of the 1400 carts, so that solves that pretty much. With the 1400, hit the ink button, when the carts center, refill them without even taking them out, hit the ink button again and go.

Steve

Good tip!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 01:02:20 PM »
I have zero problems with air in the lines on the big carts on our 4800.  I do like Steve and just pour more ink in with a funnel when it's looking low.  Very easy and I do leave the rubber plugs and plastic vents on the carts.

I used to have air in the lines issues with the 3000 but only have had that issue when flushing/purging the 4800.  If you have air in there, open up the plugs for a second and run a power cleaning or two, which should work it all out of there.