Author Topic: Smokers---Do you order online?  (Read 4369 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Smokers---Do you order online?
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 10:14:08 AM »
... and remember to not become one of those ex-smokers who browbeat others when they light up. Don't forget how much you hated the lecturing when it was you in "flavor country".

Didn't you find though, that after you quit, the obnoxious smell finally became especially noticeable?

btw, for home rollers: I understand that "pipe" tobacco, at least here in CA, is not taxed nearly as stringently, and has become the choice of many nicotine addicted tax rebels.

The climate has certainly changed. There was a time when the county lock-up gave away packs of Bugler and papers. (purely second hand information, of course ;) )
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 10:28:39 AM »
... and remember to not become one of those ex-smokers who browbeat others when they light up. Don't forget how much you hated the lecturing when it was you in "flavor country".

Didn't you find though, that after you quit, the obnoxious smell finally became especially noticeable?

btw, for home rollers: I understand that "pipe" tobacco, at least here in CA, is not taxed nearly as stringently, and has become the choice of many nicotine addicted tax rebels.

The climate has certainly changed. There was a time when the county lock-up gave away packs of Bugler and papers. (purely second hand information, of course ;) )

Thats how it used to be here. Pipe tobacco was taxed at standard sales tax (6.5%). Then some legislatures got busted for taking bribes from a big tobacco store franchise here in CT, the bribes were to keep the tax man away. That state senator is now on his way to jail.

Now they have to tax the bagged tobacco like cigarette tax, they determine how many packs in a bag a tax it as such, something like $3.70 a pack.
"No man is an island"

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 10:32:38 AM »
I already don't like the smell. I don't smoke in my house, shop or cars. And I like to wash my hands and sometimes my face after smoking. I only smoke about a half a pack a day.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 10:44:15 AM »

Yes, the smell finally started to stink. When I think of the coffee and cigarette breath together, well, my friends are saints for enduring that kind of breath. Of course, they were mostly smokers too.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 10:45:31 AM »
I do not smoke in my residence nor car, I as well hate the smell. I do not use ash trays, they are disgusting.

For a smoker I am still pretty keen to the smell, i can tell a smoker easily from their smell when they walk in the door
"No man is an island"

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 11:12:03 AM »

Yeah, they stink. It was the smell on my hands that was one of the prime reasons for quitting, too. I just don't rag at people who still do it since I was guilty at one time.
As for lock-ups, my daughter was until recently working for the Habeus Corpus project for California, and her "clients" were on death row in sunny San Quentin. I asked her if she ever took a pack of smokes along for them when she had a meeting with them and she said they didn't allow cigarettes in prison anymore. All I know is if I was on death row and couldn't smoke, I'd hang myself, drown myself in the toilet, suffocate myself by eating my shirt, something. Damn. At that point, smoking is the least of your worries.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 11:19:31 AM »
Friend of mine smokes and drinks coffe. I swear he uses dog sh!t for toothpaste. To a person that has not smoked it is that much more foul. The worst is that over the shoulder "What are you drawing on your computer?" question. The initial hit is enough to melt the screen on my Imac.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 11:43:28 AM »
Friend of mine smokes and drinks coffe. I swear he uses dog sh!t for toothpaste. To a person that has not smoked it is that much more foul. The worst is that over the shoulder "What are you drawing on your computer?" question. The initial hit is enough to melt the screen on my Imac.

You made me laugh out loud...

Steve

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 01:25:30 PM »
I smoke a pouch or two a week of Stokebye's Danish Export.   There's a difference between smoking tobacco and smoking what goes into most tailor mades.  I used to smoke luckys and those things really will kill ya

There's also a big difference between smoking 5-10 hand rolled smokes and chain smoking packs of chemical laden tailors all day. 

I'm not defending smoking but I think a lot of our perception of the habit comes from previous generations that smoked too much of the really bad stuff.  Of course you'll get screwed up bad from chain smoking tailor mades.  You'll get messed up by doing anything constantly.

My only concern with smoking is what the breath of a coffee drinking, smoking, garlic loving man must smell like to others and JBLUE, you have confirmed my fears.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 01:32:49 PM »

they didn't allow cigarettes in prison anymore. All I know is if I was on death row and couldn't

Cause here in cali, row inmates have a better chance of dying from cancer first before they get the needle due to 10 to 20 yrs of them waiting for their turn.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 01:44:28 PM »
Zoo has a point. My Grandfather smoked Camel non filters for over 50 years. My Grandma died 15 years ago from lung cancer and never smoked. He just died last week at the age of 94 with the lungs of a 22 year old. Crazy how it works sometimes.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 01:56:04 PM »
I smoked a pack a day for 13 years. Quit in 2 weeks with hypnosis. Best $250 I ever spent.

Exhale thought a white t-shirt  :o

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 03:17:27 PM »
It has been 2.5yrs since I quit smoking.  I had smoked a pack and half a day for 25yrs.  I had tried many methods before to quit smoking.  None of them worked.  Unfortunately nicotine is like heroin, it is an addicting drug.  Since all of the other methods failed my Doctor prescribed Chantix.  I was a little leery of it because of some of the side effects but I went ahead and started the treatment.  after a month and half I was done smoking.

When I come in contact with a heavy smoker, I gag from the smell.  Yes, I realize I may have smelled this way.  With my other full time job (firefighter/paramedic) I have to go into peoples homes.  When the door opens up I can smell instantly if they are smokers.  That smell in there homes is a stale cigarette smoke smell.  It also gags me. 

One thing though, I will not preach how bad smoking is.  Smoking has not been made illegal or has been banned.  I feel people have the right smoke if they want.  Here in Illinois, the politicians are doing everything they can to ban smoking anywhere.  I stand up and cry bullshit on this.  Again, a person still has the right to smoke.

I am now stepping down from my soapbox.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 03:47:35 PM »
I am a smoker and I have to restrain myself every time a non smoker preaches to me, first of all its not their business but more importantly no one on this earth understands better how bad smoking is than my self, why the F do I need someone to tell me something I already know.
"No man is an island"

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 03:56:54 PM »
I smoked a pack a day for 13 years. Quit in 2 weeks with hypnosis. Best $250 I ever spent.

Exhale thought a white t-shirt  :o

I used hypnosis too, 18 days, 5 visits at $15.00 a pop. Those are 1981 dollars though. For me it was amazing, from 2 packs a day to nothin'. Just as though I'd never started. It is true that some people have the constitution to abuse their bodies and live old, but the odds are against it. I have too many relatives an friends that didn't get out of there 50's due to bad habits, like my best friend and my mom. My mom was just unfortunate to have a heart attack at 55, while my dad had stepped out to go to the public library. He comes home 45 minutes later and she's gone. My friend could drink and drug most folks under the proverbial table. Gone by 57 from non-Hodgkins lymphoma. It just tears the body down, not that I don't have a beer here and there and smoke adult vegetables, but nothing like 35 years ago. Go for it man... And Mike, I know, I hated that too, and I don't do it, except if it comes up, and I just suggest that it's better to not, which whoever I'm talking to already knows.

Steve

Steve