Author Topic: Beercap Answers 11-15  (Read 811 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Beercap Answers 11-15
« on: January 27, 2013, 07:43:27 PM »
11. Time on my hands.

12. You are a barrel of laughs.

13. Tea for two.

14. It's Lucky when you live in America.

15. Don't call us, we'll call you.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Beercap Answers 11-15
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 09:10:02 AM »

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 12:17:41 PM »
So these are from Lucky Lager caps Andy?

I remember those but also another company did them, I want to say the Mickeys hand grenades.
Those ones had a lot more canvas so to speak.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 01:22:10 PM »
My actual collection is almost all Lucky Lager, but yes, other brands like Mickeys, and Lone Star had them as well. In fact, some forum members helped supplement and complete my collection with donations of Lone Star caps.

As I explained some years back when I first posted these, in my area, these were on 11 oz. Lucky's, generally available in a 12 pack around the same price as a good six!
When I worked at one of the original recycling centers in 1972 Berkeley, (originally as community service but that's another story), we took the bottles with actual deposit return money and at day's end, would get cases of cheap Lucky, to spread the wealth a little further and engage in a little alcohol aided comaraderie.

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 02:13:21 PM »
My actual collection is almost all Lucky Lager, but yes, other brands like Mickeys, and Lone Star had them as well. In fact, some forum members helped supplement and complete my collection with donations of Lone Star caps.

As I explained some years back when I first posted these, in my area, these were on 11 oz. Lucky's, generally available in a 12 pack around the same price as a good six!
When I worked at one of the original recycling centers in 1972 Berkeley, (originally as community service but that's another story), we took the bottles with actual deposit return money and at day's end, would get cases of cheap Lucky, to spread the wealth a little further and engage in a little alcohol aided comaraderie.

Yeah it's cheap but they short you a beer for every 12!

I once tried to bring back a case of Lonestar (the National Beer of Texas, guess we aren't the only nation-state) for my
Texafornia friend on a freight train. Only one can made it the whole way.