Author Topic: GROUNDHOG DAY art  (Read 2866 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
GROUNDHOG DAY art
« on: January 24, 2013, 05:22:42 PM »
GROUNDHOG DAY art.  DTD Stock art. Available if needed and will customize.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: GROUNDHOG DAY art
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 05:32:33 PM »
Throw Bill Murray in there and you got me! Love that movie

Offline inkbrigade

GROUNDHOG DAY art
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 06:55:26 PM »
My friend Gary was in that movie as an extra. I remember he called me from the set. He was one of the kids throwing snowballs at Bill Murray.  Great movie!
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 10:13:15 AM »
Fun fact...
Bill Murray was staying at pretty much the only hotel in the town it was filmed in, he asked the concierge(the front desk really) if somebody could bring him a sandwich, they told him that it was late and that they didn't think they could get him one(he had literally JUST arrived in town for filming).  He was so miffed by this he made them rename the hotel so they wouldn't get any advertising for it. 

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 10:26:30 AM »
Fun fact...
Bill Murray was staying at pretty much the only hotel in the town it was filmed in, he asked the concierge(the front desk really) if somebody could bring him a sandwich, they told him that it was late and that they didn't think they could get him one(he had literally JUST arrived in town for filming).  He was so miffed by this he made them rename the hotel so they wouldn't get any advertising for it.

Bill Murray is known for being one of the biggest cry babies in Holly Wood.
"No man is an island"

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 10:27:43 AM »
Yeah, but when you are bringing hundreds of thousands of dollars into a community, you get the man a sandwich...and put it on his tab.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 10:30:13 AM »
Sensible thing to do for sure but if me personally I do not kiss any ones ring, at the end of the day its really the production film studio bringing in the cash. But what I was meaning is Bill is a real A$$ to everyone around him, no respect and just rude beyond typical for rich celebrities of his ilk.
"No man is an island"

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 10:33:44 AM »
Yeah, thats what I'm thinking.  You ever been to Punxsutawney Pa?   I have.  It's about a population of 6000. 5000 larger than a small town in PA where I met my wife. Still, very small and when a film crew comes in, make the guy a samich and coffee.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
it was filmed in Woodstock, IL for the most part.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »
Not PA?  That sucks.  It's like the whole "foot long sub" thing.  If you advertise it as a PA event, film it in PA.  If you say it's 12" make it 12".

Offline inkbrigade

GROUNDHOG DAY art
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 11:58:17 AM »
Haha I was surprised to find out Battlestar Galactica was filmed in Vancouver Canada, and not actually filmed in space!
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 12:01:37 PM »
Haha I was surprised to find out Battlestar Galactica was filmed in Vancouver Canada, and not actually filmed in space!

Oh,....yer a funny one. :)

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 12:22:25 PM »
And I suppose you are going to try and tell me that Lord Of The Rings isn't filmed in middle earth.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 12:25:09 PM »
Let a film crew come our way...and the main actor ask for a Tee shirt hell if I had to do the custom art and print it that night its done, specially if I'm going to benefit from them being in our area for a few weeks.  I met more azzes that have done squat for me and are nothing  but that LOL

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!