Author Topic: faxing  (Read 1015 times)

Offline bj

• !!!
faxing
« on: January 22, 2013, 03:00:41 PM »
Do any of you use online faxing with your email or do you stick with the fax machine?
I started doing the online and have not problems sending but sometimes have issues receiving the faxes.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: faxing
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 03:16:16 PM »
I've got a fax machine that works through my email.  It's easy, I can send a multi page fax much easier than scanning them in individually...and received faxes are sent to my email.

I deal with the government, they love to fax stuff.

Offline bj

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 03:25:49 PM »
what fax service do you use?  The combo. of using the fax machine and email would be nice.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 04:04:52 PM »
i just use a regular phone line through my phone service provider.   I have the Brother MFC 9325CW.  Love it.

I actually might drop the 3rd land line here and just go with magic jack for the fax line.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 04:07:06 PM »
Here its all done through one of our HP lasers which is connected to the network. Works like a charm and seriously saves on all kinds of things. One thing I like best is the ability to easily set up a black list, for instance we dont get "need a new roof" fax ten times a day any more.
"No man is an island"

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 04:12:32 PM »
We use hellofax.com

so much cheaper than paying for faxing through our old fax machine.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 04:39:41 PM »
I am switching the 3rd line here to a magic jack line, $20 a year.  Not too shabby...best of all, all I need is a network connection and I can move the fax anywhere in the office.

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 07:21:31 PM »
Haven't used a fax machine in over 5 years. It's stuffed somewhere in storage . . . . I think. Anything requiring a signature goes into Acrobat and gets a digital signature.
First fax machine I saw was in the mid-70s, called a "Quip" or something like that, made or sold by Exxon, I think. I did freelance art and layout for a banking magazine and the editor had one. I think it operated like a small drum scanner. Not sure it worked that well.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .