Author Topic: does anyone actually buy and take Tramadol?  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
does anyone actually buy and take Tramadol?
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:56:04 AM »
This seems to be the drug of choice of foreign spammers here, but, besides giving it to my dog for mild pain relief, (quite cheaply, I might add) I don't hear of it much. I don't hear of it being popular as either a party drug, or a self medication mood enhancer which I assume is the usual driving force behind sketchy prescription drugs being spammed on the internet.

I figure if Greg House isn't abusing it, it can't be that good.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
Re: does anyone actually buy and take Tramadol?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 10:15:45 AM »
LMAO it is mostly used like you said for mild pain relief for domestic animals. Not use for anyone looking for a cheap high lol

Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW Master® 

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 10:39:54 AM »
I've used it off and on over the years for my knee pain and it really doesn't help much, not compared to other prescription pain medication at least.  The medical websites say it's good for moderate to severe pain but I can attest that it doesn't work for that type of pain, maybe a headache or some elbow tendinitis or something along that level.  It wouldn't touch post-op knee pain or anything similar that's for sure.  We have given it to the old dog over the years and I would consider it better for pain than anything over the counter, but nowhere near as good for pain as the other prescription stuff.  I've got some in our medicine cabinet but it's been months since I've taken any.  I got the sinvisc injections in my knee a few months ago and it has really helped my knee pain and tylenol and advil are the only things I take on a regular basis right now. 

I don't know if it can be used recreationally, I've never gotten a buzz by taking it but I've never taken larger doses to find out.  If it really is what they say it is then it should give you some sort of euphoric affect but I guess it has to be taken at higher doses.  And I was also warned by my doctor to not take too much of it because it lowers your seizure threshold and can cause them in normal healthy people who have never had a seizure before.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Artelf2xs

•  Celebrating 29 years in the industry
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 03:55:31 PM »
i used to take cramadol... but I switched to screwadol in the 12 oz. can....
Much better :-P  ::)
Lif'e too short to complain about stuff ( Like typos)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 04:10:04 PM »
Never heard of it.

I prefer fukitol.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 04:25:16 PM »
In the '60's I remember a spoof ad for Damitol
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Artelf2xs

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 06:18:26 PM »
these new drugs kill me. I was watching that add for a hay-fever remedy with the cute animated bee with a spanish accent. then it came on and I was in the other room where I could not watch or be distracted by the visuals.... the side effects they mentioned where everything short of death.

I think it actually said your eye may swell up an pop out your butt LOL

Offline prozyan

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 06:51:33 PM »
In Africa, a long time ago, a tribe actually found a miraculous cure for headaches.

Whenever a tribe member would get a headache, he would go see the witchdoctor.  The witchdoctor would tell him which member of the tribe was causing the headache and instruct the sufferer to kill that person in order to make the headaches stop.  So he would go and kill the tribesman.

The slain tribesman's family was naturally not pleased by this slaying, so they would get together and kill the person that committed the killing.

Miraculously, people stopped getting headaches.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline Artelf2xs

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 08:51:17 PM »
That and Death is the best cure for a head ache :P