Author Topic: Scoop coaters??  (Read 9948 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Scoop coaters??
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2013, 01:11:57 PM »
Where does one purchase one of these devices?

And does everyone here that's used one still think it worthwhile?

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2013, 01:20:18 PM »
basicsilkscreensupplies.com

I like mine, I'd buy it again.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2013, 02:06:23 PM »
They hold more than anything else out there.  The adjustable lip is more of an inconvenience than a feature but is fine once you mess around with it and get it setup perfect. 

We'll be switching over to it in the Fall I think, not going to toss a different coater into the mix right now.  After testing I noticed it puts down some serious EOM, even on the thinner edge and I need to reset our coating counts to match it to what our current AWT does.  It may be that it puts down too much for our highest mesh counts but this thing would be the jam for those thick plastisol stencils.

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2013, 03:12:17 PM »
techsupportsps.com 

They advertise here. 

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 04:51:45 PM »
I got mine at performancescreen.com. I have only used it 2x so I am not really able to give you a solid answer but so far it is looking pretty good to me.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Grumpy Ole Artist

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2013, 09:51:07 AM »
I use an ancient Tetco (?) with replacement Sefar caps...Teflon flat-edge spatula that I custom cut across the end to match the "V" angle of the extrusion...Scrape excess back into bucket, remove plastic caps, clean emulsion residue off caps with pressure washer, and dry. Simply drop coater trough into old 7 gallon Tiger White bucket (5 gal. bucket isn't tall enough) full of water to store....when ready to coat, a quick rinse, dry, and, voila! I tried leaving the caps on and dropping the whole gloppy mess into storage water, but that tends to soften the plastic, and make the coater "grab" as it passes over the mesh.
Humor is the unexpected juxtaposition of incongruities.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2013, 04:56:08 PM »
Where does one purchase one of these devices?

And does everyone here that's used one still think it worthwhile?
Its actually pretty good. We are even going to incorporate it into our auto coater and drop the Sefar unit currently used. Nice product!
Rich Hoffman

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2013, 07:00:42 PM »
Anywhere to buy these online (not over the phone or through email)?  I have called both suppliers linked and gotten no response.  I just want to purchase on my own time...

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2013, 07:17:02 AM »
I used mine this weekend, YOU better read the instructions, I ripped one freshly made screen. Why the heck could they not have made the end caps plastic. Would be a great coater if it had been plastic, to much assembly and disassembly involved. IMO