Author Topic: T-Shirt Cannon  (Read 4271 times)

Offline larryk

• !!!
T-Shirt Cannon
« on: January 15, 2013, 03:36:04 PM »
We've been thinking about buying a t-shirt cannon and the letting our customers that place an order that qualifies using it at their games or events...... Anybody else out there ever do this?

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: T-Shirt Cannon
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 03:41:40 PM »
I have thought about that. It just they are expensive for the real ones. Liability would be something else to think about.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 04:16:01 PM »
Make one, super simple.

Been planning on doing it for my town's 4th of July parade for awhile.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 04:21:12 PM »
this is the one to get...They buy the shirts from you right. This one will make them have to buy hundreds just to use it for 10 mins.

http://tshirtgun.com/gatlinggun_tshirt.html

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 04:29:18 PM »
Somewhere I have plans for a home made one. Seems like an amphibian passed them along to me years ago. I'll see if I can find it. Everything you need to make it is available at your local Home Depot or similar store.

Did anyone make tennis ball cannons when they were kids, before they changed the shape of soda cans? Cans, duct tape, tennis balls and lighter fluid. What could go wrong?! God the good ole days.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Croft

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 04:33:14 PM »
 Those are awesome, I could see using that during a parade but alas the insurance police have ruined them in our area , No more candies and things thrown from floats because someone might run under the wheels of a float  ie. Tractor.   Longing for the old days of battle to the end for that last tootsie roll :)

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 04:43:53 PM »
The local USHL team and Minor League Baseball team here both use them. And yes, they are shooting shirts we make.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 04:49:21 PM »
I don't think making one would be the right option if we are going to loan it out.... pretty sure my product liability wouldn't work. That gattling gun kicks butt for sure..... Lots of good feedback but it doesn't sound like anyone here has tried it yet. Thanks guys!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 06:06:27 PM »
When money starts coming in I may serious look at getting the gatling gun. I have a few companines that give shirts away and I know that would be a cool thing to add to the website. Buy 500 shirts and get a free rental of our Gatling gun. Hell you could rent it out for like $50 a day. Mo Money, Mo Money.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 07:10:01 AM »
A little less high tech but possibly just as fun how about a water baloon launcher .
Years ago I was at an air show, the traffic out after was brutal 2 + hours . there were a bunch of guys in a pickup truck about 4 cars back. They hada 3 person water baloon launcher and were sending those water filled bombs easily 100 yards up the traffic line. Great enetetainment till the baloons ran out.......funnier than hell
mooseman

http://www.slingking.com/launcher.html

http://www.target.com/p/water-balloon-slingshot/-/A-12046751?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=Google_PLA_df&LNM=%7C12046751&CPNG=Toys&kpid=12046751&LID=PA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=12046751 loaded with tee shirts instead?

or this model the bimbos are optional but a nice addition
WATER BALLOON LAUNCHER!
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 09:58:11 AM »
moose....right on target! I am going to be in the parade and have wicked hot girls in bikinis use that water ballon launcher to launch shirts!!!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 10:04:44 AM »
Isn't that how Flanders lost his wife?

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 10:28:59 AM »
Isn't that how Flanders lost his wife?
You are correct.

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 04:49:27 PM »
I'll let you guys know if it is a good idea or not in a couple of weeks. I found a used one on Craigslist for 300.00......... I'll take a week or so and pimp it out, then turn 'em loose with it. Really now, What could go wrong?

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 05:44:21 PM »
Get the Liability waver ready. Seriously have them sign it and make everyone that has permission to use it sign it. People are stupid and they are sue happy these days. You should make a video for use to watch.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:01:31 PM by Jon »