Author Topic: Printed Christmas Spectacular 2 color  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Printed Christmas Spectacular 2 color
« on: December 20, 2012, 08:15:19 PM »
On Pierre's new Many-Ken

For 2 colors, it turned out just what we were looking for. Just trying to get more out of it that the 2 colors.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Printhouse

Re: Printed Christmas Spectacular 2 color
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 08:20:57 PM »
That thing is a work of art.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 01:33:33 AM »
I can't believe that's not 2 reds...

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 02:23:31 AM »
Thanks for the compliment. :0   That is 2 colors. Green and pms 185. The green I think we printed that down first as it would be more overpowering but still, it could be printed under if it were designed that way. Having created the art, I had the diamonds already isolated and could easily focus on that area. I left the diamond areas at what I thought was the right combination of halftone percentage to mix well with the right level of Red percentages.

Knowing color theory, and knowing a fair amount about ink brands and how they react helps greatly, Using translucent Greens and reds make a rich brown as green already had a good bit of yellow and blue in it to make the green. Mixing it with the red, creates a dark red or almost a brown color.

The key is, High mesh, translucent inks and a good understanding of what colors will do when mixed to create the 2ndary or  tertiary colors. added to this, it needs to be printed right as well. A print shop cannot live on good seps alone.

Thanks for chiming in.

D

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 11:40:35 AM »
Oh don't get a Bighead  Dan!!!! LOL  that's very nice  :D, it does look like more colors...I,m just amaze at what you can do with less if the seps are done right, knowing how colors work is a real plus.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 02:08:58 PM »
Nice work boys. Works even better with...........dare I say it?
No pesky fillers to mud things up. There is no purple ink/screen or orange ink/screen