Author Topic: Compressed air in the washout room. What`s your set up?  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Compressed air in the washout room. What`s your set up?
« on: December 10, 2012, 10:56:13 PM »
I`m looking into the possibility of running a line of compressed air into our screen making area/washout room from our main main compressor. Anything I have to be aware of? I guess we need to lower the pressure so a pressure regulator would be advisable, right?  What do you use for actually blowing water of the screens. I have attached a photo of what was recommended to us by the folks at M&R. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: Compressed air in the washout room. What`s your set up?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 01:42:36 AM »
I use a cheap gun from Harbor Freight. Straight air from the compressor. I run it at 100 PSI about 4 to 5 inches from the screen. That gun looks nice put its an over kill. It only takes 15 to 30 seconds to blow out the screen.

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 06:02:42 AM »
  I must agree that it is overkill. If you have issues from straight pressure from the
compressor, then you have issues from coating and/or exposure and washout
technique.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 05:26:22 PM »
I use shop vac, works awesome!!!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Admiral

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 08:52:46 PM »
we use this:

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/tools/air-compressors-tools/blow-gun-and-accessories/guardair-6-75-steel-extension

not sure why people are calling that over kill though, it might dry screens faster or/and save money on compressed air, which would easily pay off

I'm guessing the gun we use isn't too efficient..gets the job done okay, don't have much to compare it to though

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 09:03:45 PM »
we use this:

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/tools/air-compressors-tools/blow-gun-and-accessories/guardair-6-75-steel-extension

not sure why people are calling that over kill though, it might dry screens faster or/and save money on compressed air, which would easily pay off

I'm guessing the gun we use isn't too efficient..gets the job done okay, don't have much to compare it to though

Right on. The nozzle just distributes the air differently, as a matter of fact it reduces air consumption and the noise level too. And it costs only around $15-$20.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 12:46:14 PM »
I`m looking into the possibility of running a line of compressed air into our screen making area/washout room from our main main compressor. Anything I have to be aware of? I guess we need to lower the pressure so a pressure regulator would be advisable, right?  What do you use for actually blowing water of the screens. I have attached a photo of what was recommended to us by the folks at M&R. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Where can you find this gun/nozzle?

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 01:28:52 PM »
I use a cheap gun from Harbor Freight. Straight air from the compressor. I run it at 100 PSI about 4 to 5 inches from the screen. That gun looks nice put its an over kill. It only takes 15 to 30 seconds to blow out the screen.

Same one here. But the one on top looks nice as well and if it reduces noise I am all for it

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 10:30:06 AM »
are y'all drying the screen in some way still after the compressed air, and just using it to get rid of the excess water immediately?  Will a shop vac, blowing or sucking, work as well?

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 03:12:17 PM »
Shop vac here. Suck off the water. The only thing allowed to move air around in the drying room is the humidifier. Everything else is done before going in that door.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 03:26:16 PM »
On the shop vac thing Majestech (and now whoever bought them I forget) makes an attachment which essentially an alminium tube with a slit. This is awesome. Takes 90% of the water away. The rest we use 100 PSI with a simple gun; screens are bone dry in under a minute

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 04:32:44 PM »
We switched to just super clean air, no vac and it's pretty sweet. Using a second coalescing filter here. We're just dispersing/blowing off water then the dry box does the rest.  Also use it to blow off dried screens before coating.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk