Author Topic: 4 part video. (small vids) from Iphone on how to make additions to seps.  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
This Vid is set to private so it's only being shown here on this forum.

Extending or adding on to pre-existing color separations that need to stay consistent with original prints.

This is just a simple tip on adding image content to existing color separations. I did this on the iphone due to lacking audio at the moment...and the entire file would not email to myself in one part, thus the 4 parts. It is what it is, a simple tip. In this case, we did the original separations about a year or so ago. Then the customer needed to revise the image by adding extra image at top and bottom.

The goal with any re-order is to keep the print looking consistent with the old print once the changes have been complete. So rather then re-separate the file, taking a risk that the revised separations might be different than the originals, I was able to use the rubber stamp tool on all of the added sections. It took a little bit of art skills and rubber stamping experience but all in all, the task was pretty cut and dry.

You may or may not have realized as I didn't, that you can use that tool on a group of separations simultaneously. You can do that with the brush tools as well, but it adds equal amounts to each channel sep so be careful with that.

I hope it helps someone on future separations.

Dot-Tone-Dan

! Private video

! Private video

! Private video

! Private video
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 08:35:30 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: 4 part video. (small vids) from Iphone on how to make additions to seps.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 05:48:55 PM »
it says the video is private and would not let me watch it . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 05:51:21 PM »
It should be fixed now.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 07:38:54 PM »
Nice tip. II didn't know you could select multiple layers or channels and use the rubber stamp tool and the items wold stay in the the same layers or channels.

Good tip.