Author Topic: Got my CCI Pigments and Tested today!  (Read 6213 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Got my CCI Pigments and Tested today!
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2013, 01:08:35 PM »
Nice red! Looks like our 606 (our#) red. When we did our original formulas no pantone formulas existed. Most of my formulas contain 2-3 pigments. I know this will come across as bragging and it is.......all the ink companies instructed printers to activate  everything by 6% or it wouldn't work. I was the one who informed them that this actually compromises some colors.
I said it!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 01:24:09 PM »
Nice red! Looks like our 606 (our#) red. When we did our original formulas no pantone formulas existed. Most of my formulas contain 2-3 pigments. I know this will come across as bragging and it is.......all the ink companies instructed printers to activate  everything by 6% or it wouldn't work. I was the one who informed them that this actually compromises some colors.
I said it!

Tony I hear you also came up with the name RED for the color we now call red. That was a long time ago I'm sure no one remembers.  :) :) :)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 01:42:54 PM »
I also invented Blue! :)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 02:41:46 PM »
I also invented Blue! :)

Blue is some of the best work I have ever seen. I even use the blue as one of my company colors. Great job on that one.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 02:43:54 PM »
"Blue" in my logo too, royalty cheque in the mail...
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 02:49:33 PM »
secrets are coming out ;)
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 07:38:43 PM »
You guys overloading your CCI reds- how are the prints coming out after wash testing and how much are you overloading?

I know CCI has 30% as the ceiling in their lit which is pretty high.

The wash testing we did when we first developed our red showed almost no change. Believe me, after wash number five, I was overjoyed when it was still a rich red. We overload the pigments by about 2x. We have 3 different reds and they vary slightly. Way less than 30% though. That'd be some luxury DC dumping all that pigment in!
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 07:49:13 PM »
You guys overloading your CCI reds- how are the prints coming out after wash testing and how much are you overloading?

The wash testing we did when we first developed our red showed almost no change. Believe me, after wash number five, I was overjoyed when it was still a rich red. We overload the pigments by about 2x. We have 3 different reds and they vary slightly. Way less than 30% though. That'd be some luxury DC dumping all that pigment in!

Does that mean 20 percent pigment load and 80 percent base? I did a 15 percent red and it was real nice. I would love to see that red of yours in person. It looks real good.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 07:50:05 PM »

Awesome.  Sounds like they have the base dialed well with the pigments then.  We use a PC system for plastisol and almost all colors we mix are at max pigment, just the way we roll most of the time.  I only back it off or extend it the max pig mix out when it's frustrating wow printing or overkill such as on lights.

I have our set sitting on the ink table still unopened, looking forward to the next DC run that calls for a pigment boost so I can see how they play with the Texcharge.