Author Topic: Missing family member found just 2 minutes away.  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Missing family member found just 2 minutes away.
« on: October 03, 2012, 07:11:59 PM »
I have or had an uncle on my wife's side that turned up missing for a very long time. He has seasures and was on medicine. He would ovcasionally not know whee he was or who he was and had thoughts of people being after him. He was known for having survival skills and roughing it when younger. He seemed yo be running from those looking for him. They had many volunteers for a few weeks searching along with police. Then they pulled everyone out, and put in two separate groups of professional trackers. They found a location where he slept over night once but that's was all they found. Then, just yesterday, a hunter found his body. Just a 2 minute drive from his house.

I just can't imagine how all those people searching the hills for weeks never found him 2 minutes from his house by car. Strange. So close.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Nick Bane

Re: Missing family member found just 2 minutes away.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 07:42:36 PM »
sorry to hear about your loss.  but at least now there's no more looking and wondering.  RIP
Bane Ink - 619-701-4283

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 07:45:54 PM »
Sorry to hear about that Dan.

Did he live alone? It would be hard to have dementia like that and not have someone around to help with meds, etc.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 09:27:36 PM »
Ironic that it was his survival skills that killed him

Irony aside, that's a bummer.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 10:51:05 PM »
I think more so, it was the lack of medication.  He couldn't get back to thinking clearly I would assume.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 01:30:22 AM »
My thought was merely that his survival skills exacerbated his problems, by allowing him to avoid contact with anyone. Had he been found, he would almost certainly have gotten some help.

Once again, sorry.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 07:34:09 AM »
That's rough I have a family member that, due to her MS has had lapses in her memory and thought processes. It sucks and we worry about things like this often. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 08:46:56 AM »
Thanks everyone. My post was more about the oddity of it all. I mean, they searched starting from his house out. I don't know how far they searched. Maybe a 10 mile radious for example. Nothing.

Then one day, a turkey hunter sits under some brush to conceal himself, looks around while waiting and finds him laying right next to him partially covered by brush.

Who knows how many people walked by him while he was still alive. It's just strange and ironic. It's true what Frog said. It's his skills that probably ended up enabling his demise.