Author Topic: Epson 4800  (Read 2016 times)

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
Epson 4800
« on: October 02, 2012, 03:34:57 PM »
Hi all. I have an Epson 4800 that we used to use for sublimation. Its been sitting around a while not being used. I wanted to upgrade the printer so we can start using it to print our film. At the moment our older Xante Screenwriter is running on its last leg.

The issue I have is that when we turn it on Im getting an error message I cannot get past it. The error is 10035 which is a Pump Phase Detection Error. A quick google shows that either to replace the pump sensor or to replace the main board. Anyone ever had an issue with this? Is it worth getting the parts or is that something that I would be better off finding a new printer?? Is there a bypass at all???

Let me know if you get a chance. Also, if there is a good thread already started about issues like this, I apologize for not finding it!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Epson 4800
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 04:04:31 PM »
i would find an epson service center.  I just bought a 4800 and had some issues with it, so I am dropping some bucks to get it going again.  sucks, but i'll have a new printer by the time it's over.

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 05:17:49 PM »
the closest one i can find is in Michigan. i feel like by the time i would ship it there and have them look at it, i might as well try to find one used... which i am also looking at too.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 08:10:02 PM »
Be extra careful to talk to the epson service center concerning their ability to fix the printer.  I had an epson 4880 hybrid that kept giving me a service req 00010004 message.  I researched the error and found that it was a carriage movement error, but also listed about 4 other possible issues.  I'm not an expert, but pretty computer/component saavy.  Rather than spend a 1/2 day during our busy time trying to fix the printer, I decided to find a epson service center on epson's website.  I called 1 of the service centers listed and set an appointment to bring it in.  When I brought the printer in the so called tech told me he would have it back to me in a week.  Well a month later "no call"  so I called to check on the printer and was told that he would have to order cables and Epson didn't have them so the only place he could find them was overseas and that he would call me as soon as he ordered them.  My answer:  let me know as soon as possible.  A week later "no call".  Keep in mind that we used this printer for printing films as well as sublimation.   In the meantime we were using vellum which sucked for larger images.

The result:  Out of desperation and a time crunch I bought had to buy a new film printer
                      I had to pick up the printer and pay the epson service center for their time $180.00 to not fix the printer "now I have a hefty doorstop"

The only satisfaction I've had out of this ordeal is contacting epson to tell them that they need to research their service centers before they list them on their website.  I really hate to be an ahole, but the techs really never acted like they gave a "you know what about helping me"

Anyway, I hope you have better luck then I did.
It's not a job if you love doing it.