Author Topic: Travelers/Gypsies  (Read 1346 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Travelers/Gypsies
« on: September 28, 2012, 04:09:14 PM »
I think we had a bunch of travelers move into the house in front of our office.  They are tons of people living there, they are involved in construction and any odd job to make a buck, they all have slight accents(nothing from around here).

They just seem very different.  So far they have offered to restripe the parking lot(which I am having done by a customer this weekend) and pressure wash the parking lot(which again, i have a customer that pressure washes the stadiums and a lot of parking decks here who would do it for next to nothing).  But they have offered to fix damage on cars in my lot and stuff like that...very shady.

Anybody have experience with people like this?  Somehow I am thinking inkman will have a good story similar to this.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Travelers/Gypsies
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 04:17:20 PM »
We get them up in these parts, usually there is a scam advisory out. Seems their biggest scam is resealing driveways or tarring roofs, issue is they use some inexpensive non proper material. Also we have the "I ran out of gas" scammers in abundance, they walk around town with an empty gas can and usually target bars, they walk in saying they ran out of gas and have no money, kids waiting at school etc. I heard these douches make hand over fist, but waste it on drugs immediately.
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 04:27:15 PM »
they quoted me $1700 to pressure wash the parking lot.  I know I can get it done for a crap load cheaper.  It's not that big of a parking lot.  My neighbor just had his driveway, house and both decks done for $525, and there was a lot more to that.

We have a camp about 10 miles north of here.  I am not sure I would even know one if I saw one, but the folk in front of us are strange.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 10:13:44 AM »
Damn these people are stupid.  They come over and need to use the fax machine...fine I don't care.  Except the guy can't fill out a form.  He about 30 and seriously can't read.  He needed to fax some medical forms for an accident he had at a department store...so he can get his money.

These people are something else.  I am telling them today not to come over and bother me anymore.  I have too much crap to do to deal with morons.

Also, the older lady in the house slept in her car for most of the day yesterday, with the door wide open for airflow.  Unreal.  I get the worst neighbors here.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 11:20:05 AM »
Damn these people are stupid.  They come over and need to use the fax machine...fine I don't care.  Except the guy can't fill out a form.  He about 30 and seriously can't read.  He needed to fax some medical forms for an accident he had at a department store...so he can get his money.

These people are something else.  I am telling them today not to come over and bother me anymore.  I have too much crap to do to deal with morons.

Also, the older lady in the house slept in her car for most of the day yesterday, with the door wide open for airflow.  Unreal.  I get the worst neighbors here.

hahaha!  In my area around my shop we have the most per capita of people in wheelchairs and scooters...abiout 20 per day drive these things up and down the street getting to the grocery...depresses the crap out of me.....

Offline LuxInks

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 11:48:27 AM »
I think we had a bunch of travelers move into the house in front of our office.  They are tons of people living there, they are involved in construction and any odd job to make a buck, they all have slight accents(nothing from around here).

They just seem very different.  So far they have offered to restripe the parking lot(which I am having done by a customer this weekend) and pressure wash the parking lot(which again, i have a customer that pressure washes the stadiums and a lot of parking decks here who would do it for next to nothing).  But they have offered to fix damage on cars in my lot and stuff like that...very shady.

Anybody have experience with people like this?  Somehow I am thinking inkman will have a good story similar to this.

Hey,
You need to bar them completely (as you said you are already). They are just that...Gypsies. They move from area to area and work it for all that they can, then move onto another area. They're usually Persians. Be on alert as well for theft, and be careful getting into an altercation with these people as life means nothing to them.
Good luck man.
Paul
www.luxinks.com
www.facebook.com/luxinks www.twitter.com/luxinks  Lux Inks 18900 Beach Blvd. Suite 110 Huntington Beach Calif. 92648 (949) 200.2923 
custom screen printing,contract screen printing,water base printing,discharge printing,flock,foil,apparel finishing,t-shirt printing

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 12:15:22 PM »
I think they are Romanis, which are more eastern european in origin.  I don't think they are irish or persian.

I am thankful we have full surveillance now of the parking lot, just in case we have any problems.

I am waiting for open season on them.