Author Topic: RIPPED OFF BIG ON FREIGHT ?????  (Read 4651 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: RIPPED OFF BIG ON FREIGHT ?????
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 02:23:17 PM »
This new company (for me) seems to have a very reasonable $100 minimum for free shipping (or delivery in their local area)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline T Shirt1

• !!!
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 02:33:12 PM »
A lot of the distributors get substantial discounts from the carriers - up to 75% off is not unheard of and there are a lot of variables which figure into it.  Some distributors pass through the discounts and others don't.  You might call around to some of the third party logistics people and see if they'd be interested in your traffic. 3PL folks will contract at a lower rate than you and i can get then resell the 'discounted' service - Worldwide Services comes to mind as an authorized UPS reseller.  UPS will still pick up and deliver it'll just be through a third party.  We have accounts with discounts in place with several carriers.  When a vendor wants to jack up the freight we will issue a letterhead routing specifying which carrier we prefer.  if the distributor doesn't let us spec our carrier, as in Alpha, they are moved way down the vendor list.
steve

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 02:37:15 PM »
my first thought would be to call them up and see what they say. It is possible it was just a mistake similar to what Frog experienced.

I will also say that we mark up all our shipments to cover the expense of handling. Now, we are not in a distribution business so maybe we are justified and they are not, but they need to cover the expense of pulling, packing and processing the order. The labor involved in getting the product out is not free. It will be in the price of goods or as a separate line item.

If we made an honest mistake I would hope we are given an opportunity to fix it. . .

pierre

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 12:37:18 AM »
Actually I did call them right after I got the first invoice for the 5 gal Franmar and the pint of  catalyst because i wanted to understand why it cost $24.37  to ship a pint of nylo-bond.

They reminded me that they only charged $5.00 freight on the Franmar 5 gal jug as advertised and that I got a freight allowance of nearly $16.00......... good freakin thing cuz my freight would have been nearly $55.00 on a quart & a pint of stuff and a $5.00 as advertised shipping charge on franmar 5 gallon jugs.
In my narrow mindedness I got ripped to the gills....... since my perception is my reality backed by a phone call and the invoice it comes out pretty clear.
I am not even going to suggest they should have covered the nearly $10.00 freight on the back ordered $26.00 quart of ink.
By the way i am so pi$$ed I will tell you it was Wild Side North, even if that gets me booted from the boards.
mooseman

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 12:42:36 AM by mooseman »
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 12:55:05 AM »
Lol....50% off when you spend 300.00?  Sorry but there are way better deals out there than that.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Re: Re: RIPPED OFF BIG ON FREIGHT ?????
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 07:06:22 AM »
Sweets, Supplier is in western PA, 270 miles from my commercial location.
mooseman
no mine was in North Carolina and Texas

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:16:25 AM by sweetts »
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 07:29:07 AM »
I deal with wildside all the time.  and i thought it was just me that thought there shipping was outragious.  i recently started looking into nazdar like someone on here suggested but there prices seem higher than wildsides. 
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 07:42:41 AM »

JayzTeez, try these guys http://www.techsupportsps.com/

I have bought here also don't remember the specifics on their freight but they do not razzel dazzel freight like WSN.
they are a stones throw from WSN

i just worked up a duplicate  order at Tech Support to mirror my WSN order here is the freight detail from Tech Support Screen Printing Supplies LLC  web site.
If you check the map they are really close to wild side north location so freight should be equal for equal stuff.
here is a map link from franmar's wb site showing TSSP & WSN as distributors...judge for yourself...
 http://www.franmar.com/buy-products/find-local-distributor.html

United Parcel ServiceUPS Ground $25.26
UPS Three-Day Select $59.15
UPS Second Day Air $73.37
UPS Next Day Air Saver $121.98
UPS Next Day Air $147.85
UPS Next Day Air Early A.M. $182.41

http://www.techsupportsps.com/
Tech Support Screen Printing Supplies LLC
1441 Metropolitan St
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15233

mooseman

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:56:16 AM by mooseman »
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 07:48:56 AM »
Tech support are good guys.

Offline dave58

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 08:49:47 AM »
Does it begin with a P and end with an O?
Down with Anarchy

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 09:39:03 AM »
Tech support are good guys.

I'll second that! Have not bought a lot from them, maybe a couple of times a year, but it has always been exemplary.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 09:40:39 AM »

JayzTeez, try these guys http://www.techsupportsps.com/

Yeah, these are the guys I ordred from... seem like great guys and VERY reasonable shipping... that is actually why I placed my order with them.  Looking for an AWT scoop coater and wasn't about to pay $20 bucks in shipping for a scoop coater.  Then I found them.  Then I kept adding things and the shipping didn't increase much... my bill ended up being over $400 bucks because of reasonable shipping/prices.  All because I wanted the AWT scoop coater. ;)

Have reasonable shipping prices and a $26 sale turns into a $400+ sale!

Offline mraph

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »
Thank you for the kind words said about us at TECH SUPPORT SCREEN PRINTING SUPPLIES www.techsupportsps.com, that tells us that we are doing something right, its nice to hear.

Freight is always an issue as there is incoming and out going , but we try to pass on savings when ever possible on freight and supplies.
But in those occasions when a problem or question does arise please contact us asap and we will try to correct it in a very timely manner.

Thank you

Alan Howe
Techsupport sps

Alan Howe
Saati Chem a Division of Saati America
AHowe@Saati.com