Author Topic: RIPPED OFF BIG ON FREIGHT ?????  (Read 4652 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
RIPPED OFF BIG ON FREIGHT ?????
« on: September 26, 2012, 12:59:37 PM »
Man am I PIZZED OFF just discovered I paid $38.66 for UPS GROUND on one quart ink, one pint catalyst and one 5 gallon pail of Franmar advertised at $5.00 freight on Franmar 5 gallon products......by the way they are from the next state over so it is not like it went cross country.
Additionally  the $38.66 is AFTER they allowed me $15.57 freight allowance WOW what a deal.
So my freight before the $15.57 allowance was $54.23 ON I QUART INK,  1 PINT CATALYST AND 5 GALLON JUG OF FRANMAR

Before you ask i called them and was advised the franmar was only $5.00 and that I got a $15.57 allowance on the freight total.
WTF do they think I am stupid......

Guess what ....that is the LAST FREIGHT charge thay will throw on my stupid a$$ they will never see another dime from me so I hope they spend the freight money carefully ;)

mooseman
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 01:02:33 PM by mooseman »
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: RIPPED OFF BIG ON FREIGHT ?????
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 01:04:49 PM »
Damn I paid less for a five gallon of heavy azz white ink from Miami to Connecticut.

Who was the supplier so others know to keep an eye on shipping charges?

"No man is an island"

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 01:09:44 PM »
Not sure I want to post the supplier name here, I think the mods might strike me down? but anyone who wants to send a PM my way i will be pleased to share my ex-supplier's name.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 01:18:54 PM »
I just placed and then canceled an order last night it was 5 shurloc roller panels, a block out pen and a roll of platen tape cost of items $98.00 cost of ground shipping $61.73 wtf probably the same place what gives?

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 01:29:54 PM »
I persomnally don't mind civilly made references to actual suppliers, and in fact can relate to this something fierce myself, from an incident just a few days ago.
I wanted a quart of Tek bond, and went with a supplier new to me, Dynamic Supply, but a salesman I've known for years, Tim Johnson.

I was not happy with the amount of paperwork they expected for a crappy Pre-pay credit card order, but, I did it. It included my credit card info as well as a commercial shipping address to keep from paying the $5 extra for UPS residential.
The stuff came COD! That's another $11 !
$18 product, $18.58 shipping! I refused it, talked to them, and they re-shipped.
Two days later, it was delivered (to my home rather than my shipping address), and my card was charged the same $18.58!

I called directly to the guy in charge of shipping, he fixed me up. and as I told him, though not the best first impression, as long as mistakes are not repeated on a regular basis, I can work with it.
He was nice enough to double check that all information was now in the computer for all departments, and he also credited me for the entire shipping charge.
This was a matter of them trying to do too much, too quickly, and not getting the information from the accounts department into the system for the shipping department to see.
As I said, Brad, who I talked to, seemed genuinely concerned, and did all he could to remedy the situation.
I can't ask for much more at this stage of our relationship.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 02:20:20 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 01:30:06 PM »
Sweets, Supplier is in western PA, 270 miles from my commercial location.
mooseman

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 01:34:59 PM »
Western PA, pretty easy guess whom.

But I wonder as Frog mentioned as long as its kept civily it might have a benefit not only to the users here but potentially said company gets a whiff of discontent and adjust their shipping policy accordingly.

"No man is an island"

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 01:40:52 PM »
Hey Andy,
I was a regular customer of this place , the freight previous was reasonable as my orders are typically over $300.00 and on  $300.00 they cut the freight 50% so it never really hurt that bad.

BTW the 50% is bull because the freight was not cut 50% but was "normal" by my accounting so I really didn't care what they called it or how they sold it.
 but WTF screw over a good customer, I just don't get it and guess that neither do they.
 You can't hit the little orders to cover you butt on the 50% freight orders which by the way come in with NORMAL freight charges not 50% off.
Again how stupid do they think I am. They have just lost a customer forever.
PS I think we need a middle finger icon ;D
mooseman

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »
Name away. These guys need to explain themselves when they do that. There could be a good reason. I doubt it but you never know. We as printers need to keep these guys in business and need to keep them in check sometimes. Same goes with the shirt suppliers.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 01:47:34 PM »
The only reason UPS could have extra high charges is either for Hazardous goods or over sized box which they calculate by size not weight.

Anything on the suppliers end is BS unless they specifically state they have extra charges for S/H or blind shipping etc.
"No man is an island"

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 01:52:14 PM »
The only reason UPS could have extra high charges is either for Hazardous goods or over sized box which they calculate by size not weight.

Anything on the suppliers end is BS unless they specifically state they have extra charges for S/H or blind shipping etc.

Fortunately Franmar products are not subject to harazd ship fees and the container is shipped in a rather compact box, 5 gallons of stripee-doo
the catalyst was a nylon bonding agen also not haz stuff.
no matter how you slice it it is (in my mind) a rip off.
mooseman

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 02:00:33 PM »
sounds like WildSide North
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 02:02:50 PM »
I think I just placed an order with these guys if it's who I'm thinking of.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 02:03:23 PM »
sounds like WildSide North

And the winner is.......

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 02:06:09 PM »
I just did a quick fake ship to Mooses town one box 50lbs, and one box 7 lbs just guessing. Came up to 29$ including a tiny percentage for handling. Just proves some of these companies are looking for profits from their shipping which is total BS. If they cant get their profits the ethical way then they should look at how to fix their business instead of relying on some obscure way to get profits.
"No man is an island"