Author Topic: now i know...  (Read 2202 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
now i know...
« on: May 26, 2011, 01:47:15 PM »
now I know where this "i am starting my own t shirt line" coming from..

A lot of you guys talk about this but I never really had any experience with it.. Maybe 2 a year...

Now since the commercial and getting the search engine thing going it seems to be every other call!!!

Awesome!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: now i know...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 02:04:26 PM »
Yep, and half of them will be kind enough to let you get in the ground floor of this sure-to-win endeavor as a partner.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 02:04:47 PM »
I want 12 color all over printing plus foil your minimum order, 4 different designs, Obscure Brand fashion shirts, discontinued color.
Protoype. Tomorrow or yesterday. Artwork will need to be touched up. I'll need to come in and see your facility and I will
bring my snot nosed brat child that will snot nose on everything and likely try and hurt itself. After agreeing to an order
I will change my mind 18 times and then haggle on price because I will be printing thousands next time.

I just told one that every question they asked me has been asked by the other 10 million clothing lines that never printed
a single shirt.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 02:28:10 PM »
I've been working with a guy for three years now. Super talented and knowledgeable about the biz. Found a backer. Six pallets come in with inside neck label and outside side seam tag. Printed about 2 pallets worth. Oops the retail chain canged buyers.......order canceled! Tried a showroom in LA for 8 months........huge fail. Merch has been sitting here ever since; printed and blank. Finally hes getting some interest from Jack Threads online. But they typically only order 72 pcs of a design.
So its going to take a while. Did I mention the financial backer is not happy?
Unfortunately most of these people who think they understand the clothing business really have no idea.
But in truth we're rooting for him he's really a nice kid.
tp

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 02:34:34 PM »
It takes more than few friends to think your line is awesome. Not everybody can be a Johnny Cupcakes.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline dlac

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 09:28:04 AM »
Some of these things are the reason I do not really miss the printing side of this business... but one of the things we used to do on "PROTOTYPES" that's the order for 12,  to be followed by an order for 1200 once the customer sees the shirt and design is to charge them full price for 12.. when we get he order for 1200 we will discount the 12 into the 1200 price and give you your money back as a discount.. Some played some didn't but it kept everybody honest...
dlac
Rastor to Vector is my favorite.. disastor is my
specialty and Dots make me crazy...