Author Topic: The new guy from San Diego  (Read 2058 times)

Offline NoDirectionNick

• Verified/Junior
The new guy from San Diego
« on: August 06, 2012, 12:27:39 PM »
Just wanted to throw an introduction up since I'm probably going to be posting a lot of "PLEASE HELP ME!" posts in the very near future. My name is Nick. Reside in San Diego. Opening up a new print shop business with a few friends down here. Been a professional touring musician for 10+ years. Used to screen print about 10 years ago and it has definitely changed a lot since then. Been studying, researching, and taking courses the past 6 months -- really diving in headfirst with everything. Decided to stop touring as of 4 months ago to be at home and start the new business. My main market I'll be serving to is the music world, obviously. While my buddy involved is very dialed in to the local school districts & local business world -- he runs a popular news magazine that services to multiple zip codes throughout San Diego.

In any event, just wanted to say that I've learned a lot so far reading this board daily & coming across great topics. Much respect for you guys on here. Hope to chat with all of you more as time progresses! Thanks!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: The new guy from San Diego
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »
GREAT!!  Excited to have you aboard.  I have relatives in San Diego that I visit now and then so maybe I'll stop in one day.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 01:31:34 PM »
Howdy Nick. I also have family in your area, as well as at least three or four other members here.
Glad to have you "on board" , so to speak. ;D
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 01:33:59 PM »
sure sounds like you have a direction Nick!

good luck with the venture and welcome aboard!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 01:48:53 PM »
Welcome to the board Nick!

If you need some help, I do consulting on the side and live in sandy eggo as well.
Where in town are you, I work days in miramar.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline NoDirectionNick

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 01:56:58 PM »
Thanks for the welcome, guys. Much appreciated. Any of you guys are more than welcome to stop by anytime you're in SD. Our facility we're moving into is amazing and has a custom-built bar inside if you ever wanna chat over a few local craft beers. Even more enticing now, eh?  ;)

jsheridan - Would love to look into a consultation in the near future once we're up & running. Our shop will be based out of Rancho Bernardo, just a 15 min drive north from Miramar area.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 02:08:14 PM »
Sounds good.

Doesn't have to be once up and running as some of the most important decisions you can make happen before a single thing is even purchased.

My first visit is free and I tell it like it is because I'm passionate about this industry and I love to see new shops make good choices.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline NoDirectionNick

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 02:10:20 PM »
Sounds good.

Doesn't have to be once up and running as some of the most important decisions you can make happen before a single thing is even purchased.

My first visit is free and I tell it like it is because I'm passionate about this industry and I love to see new shops make good choices.

I'll definitely be contacting you in the next few weeks then. Looking forward to it

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 09:06:47 PM »
Welcome to the board.
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline jasonl

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 09:19:18 PM »
Welcome, I am a musician aswell along with everyone at my shop.  We even have guitars at work and its mandatory that we stop printing and play music  during the week.  Seems alot of people in this industry are musicians.   Again, welcome.
"We Make Blank Shirts Look Awesome!"

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »
Welcome from the hot ass Central Valley.

Offline Nick Bane

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 09:57:34 PM »
Welcome from another printer in san diego. 8)
Bane Ink - 619-701-4283