Author Topic: where did they go???  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
where did they go???
« on: June 06, 2012, 12:54:30 AM »
Ok I need to know...where has John Sheriton and Dan from Forward Printing gone?

John used to add all kinds of info to this site. The guy has always put a great perspective on the printing process. He also has the balls to tell someone when they are full of it. (it happens)

Dan is just a great guy and has so much knowledge of waterbase that not having him here anymore makes me think there is a new place to be.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 02:39:58 AM by Screened Gear »

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: where did they go???
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 12:56:14 AM »
I actually signed up for a educational series Dan was supposed to hold on water base and discharge printing and he never did it. I have not heard a thing from him lately, very strange. I hope he is ok.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 08:10:26 AM »
Wich Dan at Foward?  They have three. Lol.
I do work for them and know they are very busy. I think they are spending there time focusing on there own business for a while. People come and go and each of you will participate in phases. The amount of participation will fluctuate and should. If you are on here all day, then you have business problems. We want you all to pop in but also want your business to thrive. You should dedicate time to growing your business and some shops reach a point where they need to slow down on forum participation.

Look up John's email and contact him. I'm sure he will say he's just busy..as Dan would say.

As for another place. There are many forums, but only ours here and Tshirtforums are very active (that I am aware of) I feel that from your recent post, you find fault with our forum. Why might that be? We have not had any other negative feedback about our beloved forum, but we do hear you. I think for what you get here, you pay a fair price already. If we were to make it better, that would only make your great deal even greater. It takes time an effort to build a forum. If we had no other business than we could make leaps and bounds but we are only really hear to have a safe, fun environment with good people. The idea of building the best forum with all the offerings for each to feast on is not reality yet but we have plans. They just take time.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:15:50 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 09:06:44 AM »
Very strange, I was wondering where John had been just yesterday.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 09:11:20 AM »
I talked to John few weeks back.  . . He has given up the forums as they were too time consuming. It does not mean he is not coming back, but for right now, he is concentrating on work.

From what cam through the grapevine, Dan was no longer with Forward Printing. Not sure where he is and what's going on. For all I know, he might be back with them.

pierre 
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 11:54:40 AM »
Well its official Dan H "left" forward printing in January.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 11:57:09 AM »

any idea where he is now?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 12:23:39 PM »
No they didn't divulge that information.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 12:59:21 PM »

I heard rumors about that. I wasn't sure if it was true or not. That was why I posted this "not meant to be negative about the forum" post. I didn't want to contact them directly and find out any bad news and not know what to say...bad situation. Thanks guys for the feed back. I hope all is well.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 01:03:18 PM »
Well Dan H went back to the baking industry which is what he did before Forward.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 01:17:35 PM »
Well Dan H went back to the baking industry which is what he did before Forward.

Well I guess he was not just busy. I am really sorry to hear that he left the industry. He was one of the screen printers that I really respected. I know he is just one Dan of many at forward but he was very active in the industry. I am sorry to see him go.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 01:19:29 PM »
Strange for me to think it sucks to lose a good guy. Is that selfish on my part maybe? He might be doing far better in banking. Good for him.

By the way,  "DAN C" at Forward seems still busy.  ;)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 01:21:01 PM »
Dan C said they are very busy.

Oh and its baking not banking

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 01:24:54 PM »
I guess you were close they both involve bread! Lol

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 01:27:43 PM »
Dan C said they are very busy.

Oh and its baking not banking

Baking?  Really?   hmmm.  Fun I guess. I couldn't understand that but maybe it's "creative" as well.  Lucrative maybe?  Who Knows. Maybe we might see him on Cake Boss. LOL.