Author Topic: Film Maker and Epson 1430  (Read 6354 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Film Maker and Epson 1430
« on: May 09, 2012, 09:05:06 AM »
Anyone using the new Epson 1430 with FM? My 1400 died yesterday ran out bought the 1430 set it up in FM and now I am 38 sheets of film wasted. I cannot get it to print a full page it always prints a certain amount then spits it out and feeds more sheets prints a few lines spits it out feeds more. I have tweaked every setting I can find to no avail it is driving me absolutely nuts and costing big bucks in film. Now I have major jobs in que and I cannot print a single f-ing thing. FM has been nothing but a nightmare for us always problems that require paid tech support and always the issue is theirs yet we have to pay. If I knew years ago how much film and tech costs were going to be wasted we would have switched to something better, now I am in a pickle again probably have to once again call the tech support pay the f-ing $75 and spend hours with some stranger in control of my PC only to find it is their issue with their software.

Sorry this is as much as a rant as a plea for help if anyone happens to be running a 1430 with FM DTP
"No man is an island"

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Film Maker and Epson 1430
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 12:30:07 PM »
Problem has been solved I will explain and hopefully this will help future users with the same issue.

Turns out when you install this printer and the windows driver it uses the same port as the FM post for that printer. What has to be done is changing the windows driver to a different port in my case since it is a dedicated film printer I changed the port to file, in FM the port used is the actual USB port. Now when printing the two drivers do not copmpete and cause interference, I would also suggest doing this for the epson 1400 as well because I had the same issue but intermittent.

Fortunately this did not cost me tech money since it is an issue on their end, tho I wasted about $50 in films.

One thing I think Cadlink is lacking in is trouble shooting information, I had software issues on my 1400 that were known to cadlink but they have no documentation on it to avoid it during install same with this issue it should be made known to future users. For instance when you install the printer que for the 1430 and it connects to cadlinks FTP server for the printer package a warning should be triggered by cadlink that you need to separate the ports between the windows driver and the FM driver. Just saying.
"No man is an island"

Offline SkylinePrints

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 03:13:05 PM »
glad u posted this.  my 1430 will be here tomorrow. 
Have a great day! :)
 Nathan Harrison Skyline Prints Embroidery & Screen Printing 4982 Bill Gardner Pkwy  Locust Grove, GA 30248  (770) 914-1558  www.SkylinePrints.com  Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/skylineprints or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/skylineprints

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 04:56:39 PM »
while I love the product, I have to agree the support is lacking some. They are available on the phone, but it would be nice to have better manuals.

On the other hand, Scott Fresner is selling rebranded version of it and is supporting it himself. This might be an option for some.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 11:58:47 PM »
I still use cadlink old rip Photoscript 7 and scared to death to move it to another computer...I will say this cadlinks junk will get funky with you at a bad time.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline dburgessjr

• Verified/Junior
  • It's all about MƎ
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 09:37:18 AM »
I had the exact same problem months ago when I bought our 1430.  Had to call tech support and pay 50$ to fix their problem.  Here is the kicker.. for weeks, they claimed that could not replicate the error on their end and that they were looking into the problem.  I wasted several sheets of film trying to get something to work.  Luckily for us, most of our work in that time frame were reorders.

Glad you got the problem fixed, I know how frustrating it was.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 11:24:16 AM »
Just to let any one know buying an artisan 1430 to use with FM even tho FM lists the 1430 as one of their supported printer they do not even have a printer package for it! And that is what threw me off the first time trying to get the new printer to work. Well after hours of dealing with cadlink it turns out since they do not have a printer package for an artisan you have to use the photo stylus 1430 printer.. So why the F do they advertise support of printers and not even have the correct printer packages available so we users can seamlessly install a new printer.

Just remember these two important thins

Install through FM the stylus 1430
And in your printers in windows set the port for the actual printer to file or else it will conflict with the rip printer.
"No man is an island"

Offline SkylinePrints

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 04:02:04 PM »
ok, how do i change the port on the real 1430 to point somewhere else?  every time i click on it and select "configure port", windows tells me its not allowed.  ugh.......
 Nathan Harrison Skyline Prints Embroidery & Screen Printing 4982 Bill Gardner Pkwy  Locust Grove, GA 30248  (770) 914-1558  www.SkylinePrints.com  Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/skylineprints or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/skylineprints

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 04:15:59 PM »
right click on the printer the real one, select printer properties, go to the port tab and change the port. It does not have to be file, I used file because i will never print any thing to that printer directly so it was better that way.
"No man is an island"

Offline SkylinePrints

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 08:46:25 PM »
got it figured out and it working fine now.  :)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 10:46:03 AM »
Just picked up the Artisan 1430. FM only installation options are the Photo Stylus 1400 and 1410.  Look on their website and they don't have the 1430 on devices... WTF?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 11:27:26 AM »
Just picked up the Artisan 1430. FM only installation options are the Photo Stylus 1400 and 1410.  Look on their website and they don't have the 1430 on devices... WTF?

I just looked in my "Install Printer List" and your right the epson photo stylus 1430 is gone but what is new in their now is artisan seperations 1430, give that one a try sounds like a winner.

"No man is an island"

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 12:01:04 PM »

I just looked in my "Install Printer List" and your right the epson photo stylus 1430 is gone but what is new in their now is artisan seperations 1430, give that one a try sounds like a winner.

Had to go to help and update license file to load that. Got it but now chit is getting weird. Also went to printer ports and changed it to file... Can't get it to print to save my ass.....

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 12:07:55 PM »
Also no option for post script custom page

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 01:21:56 PM »
Called tech... JFYI  A tech call is now $ 75.00   Got it going.... whew.