Author Topic: Sorry but I have to share…  (Read 5294 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Sorry but I have to share…
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 03:16:53 PM »
In our town there are 2 homeless guys known as heavy hitters. They call the ambulance to take them to the ER on average twice a day, sometimes more! Costing the city over a million dollars a year! It is really sad.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 03:45:22 PM »
I hope you can pass them on your on cause if they have to go up and get then, whew is all I can say.  A teacher of mine told us boys after he had them, he knew what it felt like having a baby more so.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 05:46:17 PM »
So worse case scenario? How long, and the most, would any of you be off work. I have an employee who's been out a while with one. I'd love to hear what y'all say.
I havent missed work but I work from home now and im just glad all i had to do today was art work. It really depends on the size of the stone and the size of the man. a 10 mm stone is rough as hell and i would rate it a 9 on the pain. As long as i stay hydrated (beer)and keep the ibuprofen on schedule I should be fine. But worse case would have surgery to remove them or break them up with sound waves in which you have to be put under for that.The part that hurts the most is when the stone moves into the ureter, which is the size of a pen ink insert (freaking small). Intense pressure in your lower side back area with radiating pain into the testicles. and as it travels ever so slowly through the ureter 12 inches long and 3-4 mm in diameter and the stones i have are 8-10mm. Peeing them out is nothing but then again im hung like horse and strong like bull..I could see a weaker human being out of work from it, plus the doctor can give you good pain meds in which case I would want to working with drugs in my system. 

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 05:56:19 PM »
Oh yeah, now I remember the vomiting... that was why I couldn't take any pain meds to help.  I couldn't stop from puking all the time.  The doc had to prescribe me anti-nausea suppositories but that was fun because, I would have taken a fist up the a$$ if they would have told me it would get rid of the pain!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 05:59:11 PM »
Oh yeah, now I remember the vomiting... that was why I couldn't take any pain meds to help.  I couldn't stop from puking all the time.  The doc had to prescribe me anti-nausea suppositories but that was fun because, I would have taken a fist up the a$$ if they would have told me it would get rid of the pain!

Hmmm, fisting, that's a first on this site.  Gilly, you're a trailblazer.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 06:16:56 PM »
If you ever get one, you will see.  You would be open to ANYTHING to make it just stop... hell, to make it just back down a little.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 06:28:44 PM »
Yes you are struggling to find any way for the pain to subside even a little. Before I went to the ER I had no idea what was going on but I tried everything, drinking water, eating, shoving my finger down my throat to throw up, taking off my shirt and laying down on the cold bathroom floor and not a dang thing helped.

When I was in the ER I just had a gown on and it was not tied in the back, I got up to go to the bathroom to try to crap, pee or throw up and my ass was hangin out the back for everyone to see, my wife tried to catch up to me to hide my ass but I was not gonna stop long enough for her to do it, I really didnt care who seen what at the time.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 06:47:30 PM »
If you ever get one, you will see.  You would be open to ANYTHING to make it just stop... hell, to make it just back down a little.

I bet my ruptured appendix was a 9 on the pain scale with kidney stones being a 10.  I sure as hell don't ever want to know what that feels like if it's worse than some of the things I've already experienced.  The appendix pain was intense but the involuntary muscle convulsions were extremely painful.  Every muscle fiber in your body, including tongue and "love muscle" would contract violently and at several dozen contractions a second and I tore several minor muscles in various parts of my body before they could stop it from happening.  It was really weird and scary not knowing what the hell was going on. 

If any of you think you may have appendicitis, don't do like I did and wait till it ruptures before you go to the hospital.  The sepsis is way worse than the minor pain involved with an inflamed appendix.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 11:07:01 PM »
I had a stone just last year.  Came on a Sunday afternoon.  I had passed a couple back in the '60s but they were only a surprise when they exited.  This one last year was like an elephant was standing on my gut.   I thought sure it was appendicitis but pain was all over abdomen, not localized to lower right side. 

Went to the ER and since they didn't know for sure what I had they gave me morphine (I think) until they got me to a MRI and didn't help much.  After about the 2nd time for pain killer, I told the doc, if this don't work, get me a gun. 

It appears the most pain is when the stone goes from the kidney to the tube to the bladder.  Mine must have passed to the bladder after a couple of hours and the pain pretty much left.  The stone passed after a couple of days with no real discomfort.  Captured it and took to the urologist later and he showed me the stone in the MRI sequence (pretty cool).  It was decent size, but passed.

Jason, I feel for you man.  Something I don't want to experience again.

My son had one that was really large, but ultrasound broke it down into passable pieces.  I think it's rare these days to have to have surgery.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Im-Magic

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »
Afer hearing what you guys go through in the USA I am glad I live in Australia where we have a National Health Sceme. I am privately insured and would be admitted immediately to the Hospital of my choice but even those who don't have insurance get treatment on a proirity basis at our Public Hospitals. My son had Leukeamia many years ago and spent 5 months in hospital under constant care and it cost me nothing.
I have had a Gall Stone stuck in the Bile Duct so I know your pain.
Stuart

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2012, 10:28:42 PM »
Shhhh.... that contradicts everything the media tells us, shhhh!

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 09:35:32 AM »
Not sure if this works but they told my dad to drink a ton of lemon juice and orange juice the doctor said it would reduce the sharp edges on them and make them easier to pass.
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 09:44:40 AM »
Ironically Coke has Phosphoric Acid (I think that was it) that will help break down.  But you do have to drink a LOT of it.