Author Topic: what inkjet film to buy  (Read 1204 times)

Offline kingclothing

• Verified/Junior
what inkjet film to buy
« on: April 25, 2012, 12:39:48 AM »
i'd like to play around with doing some cad cuts with my new roland cutter....what paper do i use for the inkjet though?  Sheets i guess?  I've always just used thermo flex for all my number and names needs but this is new..

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: what inkjet film to buy
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 01:03:06 PM »
If it's for whites then I don't really Cad Cut as scissors are faster and good enough but I use Soft Stretch or whatever.

For Darks where I do cad cut I use Jet Opaque 3G,  It's pretty awesome... granted I've never used anything else, but we do stuff for my Bro-in-laws all the time... they are "e-celebs" and they wear their own stuff a LOT and it's holding up VERY well.  I've read nothing but great things about 3G... so that is why I went with it.

I'll post a pic in a sec of a job I just did with a combination of EasyWeed vinyl and 3G... came out VERY well.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 01:11:18 PM »
Picture doesn't really do it justice as it had a bit of glare on it.

But the print did look great... you can kind of see how the glare is playing tricks if you look at the vinyl across the top... it's rich black in some spots (like it looked in real life) and the the odd glare in other spots.  The 3G had that same rich color to it.

I took a pic of the shirt because I was so impressed with how it turned out... granted, I should have checked the pic before I assumed I had it. ;)

It was 10 pcs and I charged $21 bucks each.

Offline kingclothing

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 09:27:38 PM »
liken it thanks for the info!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 09:34:08 PM »
I have a 3g of that plane that kind of ripped when I pulled it off the backing, I'll mail it to you if you want.  It's off the backing so I'm not sure how it will travel or anything but I'd toss it in the mail if you want.