Author Topic: Roll Call...  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

Re: Roll Call...
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 08:38:29 AM »
collection of tweets from persons that didnt know that the titanic was a real ship:

http://wre.ckth.at/post/20737964610/thank-you-boring-as-heck

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 08:56:46 AM »
Cafe Press just moved into my town, they bought out a local screen print embroidery business that completely works off the web only, 8.7 million bucks! I know several of the people that work there and one showed me their new contract they have to sign, they basically give up their life for Cafe Press any and all art work any employee creates for any reason work or not work related is owned by Cafe Press. They are not allowed to post any art work on any social media sites or own personal sites because Cafe Press now owns any art work they create, if they don't like it they know where the door is.

Cafe Press can go to hell Nazi Bastards. You would think with them becoming the new owners wages and bennies would improve ha! They got worse!

The company they bought is logosportswear.com They have not publicly announced the buy out yet but that is not stopping me.
"No man is an island"

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 09:32:26 AM »
I was just informed that any patent I may get would be the property of the Co I work for. Now i am not sure how legal that is, its like they are  saying you work here so any thoughts You have are the companies property, seems a bit off don't it

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 09:48:39 AM »
I was just informed that any patent I may get would be the property of the Co I work for. Now i am not sure how legal that is, its like they are  saying you work here so any thoughts You have are the companies property, seems a bit off don't it

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)

It is legal if you agree to the contract. Otherwise you can just quit.

My friend had hiscontract looked at by a lawyer and the lawyer told him they can basically write anything in a contract and if you agree and sign it is binding no one is forcing anyone to work for them. Its sad because in their contract you loose your freedom to do what you want with your own personal life.
"No man is an island"

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 10:43:43 AM »
collection of tweets from persons that didnt know that the titanic was a real ship:

http://wre.ckth.at/post/20737964610/thank-you-boring-as-heck

Many accuse me of being a Luddite, for not playing the social media game, but this helps reaffirm my opinion that it is not called Twitter for nothing.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?