Author Topic: Smart Phone Email  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Smart Phone Email
« on: January 27, 2012, 12:23:11 AM »
OK so how do you get email on your phone? I can access my email address that ends in yahoo.com but I cant get to my gerry@prosperitees.org email. I have an HTC Radar thru T-Mobile. Any ideas? I am so new to smartphones that I feel like an idiot. I just got text messaging last year and yesterday got a dang smart phone, holy crap way to many options on this thing.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Re: Smart Phone Email
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 06:59:01 AM »
You need To set it up like you would in outlook. You will need to set up your incoming and out going e-mail servers

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 07:01:45 AM »
Who set up your web hosting account?  That would be the same person that probably set up your email address.  You're going to want to set it up as a POP account on your phone but you'll need to know incoming/outgoing server info as it pertains to your prosperitees.org account.

You may also want to consider a gmail account to manage all your email addresses.  That is, if you're not a tin foil hat wearing Google-is-spying-on-me type person.  HTC Radar is a windows phone though so I'm not sure how well it integrates with gmail.

Then go a step further and port your business phone number to a google voice account on your personal phone and bam, two phone numbers on one phone!

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 08:16:03 AM »
Who set up your web hosting account?  That would be the same person that probably set up your email address.  You're going to want to set it up as a POP account on your phone but you'll need to know incoming/outgoing server info as it pertains to your prosperitees.org account.

You may also want to consider a gmail account to manage all your email addresses.  That is, if you're not a tin foil hat wearing Google-is-spying-on-me type person.  HTC Radar is a windows phone though so I'm not sure how well it integrates with gmail.

Then go a step further and port your business phone number to a google voice account on your personal phone and bam, two phone numbers on one phone!
Does it display so you know it's an incoming from the Google number?
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 10:15:38 AM »

Does it display so you know it's an incoming from the Google number?

I have mine set up to show the caller id of the incoming call (not the business line number).  To know if it's a google voice call, when slide the answer button it then has a voice prompt to press one to answer the call or listen in on voicemail etc.  That is the way I know definitively that it's a business call.  Regular calls also show caller id and answer as normal when you slide to answer.

You can also set up hours of operation for the google voice number, so after say 6pm you can send all business calls to voicemail.  Additionally, you can set a "busy" checkbox if you want calls to go to voicemail for a small unscheduled portion of the day.  It actually is really cool.

All voicemails are transcribed and show up in your gmail inbox where you can read or listen to them.  You can log in on your computer to google voice and manage contacts, set up blocks for spam numbers, and even play a special message if you like for specific spam callers haha let your imagination go with that one.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 01:33:54 PM »
Got it, thanks guys! :D

Offline cyw

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 11:04:07 AM »
what kind of phone?
I didn't have to do anything special on my iphone.
In mail settings I just added all my different email accounts. Asked me for my password and voile.............the whole bunch of them are there.

They're sorted, so you can look at them individually. You can just go to gmail, or aol or comcast, separately etc. or you can look at them all bunched together if you want

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 01:02:14 PM »
what kind of phone?
I didn't have to do anything special on my iphone.
In mail settings I just added all my different email accounts. Asked me for my password and voile.............the whole bunch of them are there.

They're sorted, so you can look at them individually. You can just go to gmail, or aol or comcast, separately etc. or you can look at them all bunched together if you want
It was not a problem with gmail, yahoo, hotmail etc.. but with your own domain name there are just a couple more steps to it.