Author Topic: Large hoodie order, any pointers?  (Read 506 times)

Offline farmboygraphics

Large hoodie order, any pointers?
« on: October 18, 2024, 03:27:17 PM »
I have 700 hoodies...front, back and both sleeves coming up soon. All are black Just Hoods which have a nice tight fleece inside.
Wondering if any of you that do this on the regular have any tips?
Tees and Coffee

Offline DonR

Re: Large hoodie order, any pointers?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2024, 05:30:17 PM »
They do take up a lot more space then t-shirts.  Make sure you have enough table space to put the hoodies as you print each size. We have the person who is unloading the hoodie also spray web tack as need so the loader only has to load.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 09:54:25 AM »
We just did 1000, but only front and backs...

We are limited on space so just coming up with a good plan for staging is key.. and make sure you have enough tack.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 04:56:48 PM »
I used spray tack (never used web spray) when I was on a manual, but haven't touched it since I got the auto. I use TB-10 uncut with a roller.
I have to clean lint off every go around when doing fleece, but don't need to reapply for quite awhile.
Not to sure about introducing an aerosol into the mix. Speed isn't a concern.
Tees and Coffee

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: Today at 10:09:09 AM »
We use the spray web only for hoods. otherwise you will be there forever cleaning off every round.

Offline siestasol

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:29:41 AM »
Spray Web for large orders on hoodies or crewnecks. Top Bond for everything else...

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: Today at 11:00:15 AM »
What equipment do you have, press wise?
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Online Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #7 on: Today at 11:24:30 AM »
we never had luck with the web tack... we print tons of hoodies, primarily black or dark that would need an underbase.  the web tack always turned to goo and stuck on the inside of the garment, or left residue on the inside of the garment.

we spray camie 375 - i usually buy 60 cans per month in the summer and 144 per month in the winter.   if there is a better way, we havent found it.  got to balance time on press vs the cost to clean up after...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: Today at 11:31:55 AM »
We have a hood order on the floor that I'm not hyped at all about printing yet LOL,  we use web spray camie 385 as well and I set my off contact with 2 quarters and slow roll around, these are something we just don't rush on....but just take your time and make sure you place them in the tunnel with the hoods down if you're running an electric (IR) dryer I've burn a couple because the the hood was sticking up to high.
« Last Edit: Today at 11:37:38 AM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #9 on: Today at 12:14:10 PM »
What equipment do you have, press wise?

Diamondback S 6/8
Tees and Coffee

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #10 on: Today at 12:33:52 PM »
Another reason I'd like to avoid any mist is that I have carpet (was a men's clothing store) and can't image trying to clean that.
Tees and Coffee

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: Today at 12:50:25 PM »
We have over spray collection vacum units with disposable filters from Tekmar under the load/unload stations on each auto. Helps a lot; you can tell that the filters catch a lot of excess spray. Not perfect but again, big difference. Helps to show the sprayer on how to do it correctly and efficiently with minimal over spray. So, mist all day. Every platen, every time without going crazy with the spray can.