Author Topic: Auto Reclaim Water Filtration  (Read 107 times)

Offline Admiral

Auto Reclaim Water Filtration
« on: Today at 11:46:10 AM »
Does anyone have a system they purchased? We have an InPro reclaim machine and I want to get something already made, ideally a bit compact but easy to use. 

Thinking about the Hydrokleen CMAFU-2 but it's really expensive.  I know Sgreen has a decent one but dealing with all the emulsion separately would be a deal breaker.
https://www.hydroblaster.com/Recycle/CMAFU2.htm

Thoughts / what do you have?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Auto Reclaim Water Filtration
« Reply #1 on: Today at 02:05:13 PM »
Used them in a few shops. Basic, but works well. Removes the solids. But it doesn't run itself. Needs to be monitored as the water rises and old media disposed as a solid (pretty sure we dried it before disposal) hand crank the media roll and bang, new filter. Liked them good product for the money but I have seen where shoddy screen rooms trashed them.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:18:39 PM »
Used them in a few shops. Basic, but works well. Removes the solids. But it doesn't run itself. Needs to be monitored as the water rises and old media disposed as a solid (pretty sure we dried it before disposal) hand crank the media roll and bang, new filter. Liked them good product for the money but I have seen where shoddy screen rooms trashed them.

Thanks for the info.  This one should be all automatic:
"As solids continue to collect on media, the liquid permeation rate declines, causing wash water levels in the basin to rise. When the level reaches a set point media is automatically advanced creating a fresh media surface in the bottom of the basin while simultaneously dispensing spent media, with previously dewatered solids, into a waste receptacle. With fresh media in the basin the liquid permeation rate increases and wash water levels in the basin drop. This causes the media conveyor advance to stop. Wash water inflow is continuous and solids/liquid separation is fully automatic."

There's a float up top to know when to advance the filter automatically.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:25:25 PM »
Thanks for the correction. We must have had earlier units but same mfg. Or my memory is not serving me correctly! The last one I do remember had been indeed trashed and not understood how to operate do to multiple users. So, I change my comment to highly recommend. The one thing I don't care for on my current auto reclaim Lotus Holland is they (or at least mine) do/does not incorporate something similar to this in the system. There is a filter for the ink removal section, but in the final (third) final wash section where the treated emulsion is pressure washed off and the solids sink to the bottom of the tank. This requires checking that tank periodically and remove solids with various kitchen utensils! Not completely auto right? However, what machine is?
We all have to change oil in our cars and lubricate machines with movable parts.
Perhaps Dave can weigh in on this he has a Blue Water which I will not comment on since I do not comment on equipment that I do not own or operate. Final note, screen reclaim is messy no matter it is done. Do what works for you and stay as clean as possible.
Post possibly derailed but good luck