Author Topic: Game Changers or Dust collectors  (Read 2001 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Game Changers or Dust collectors
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2024, 10:17:00 AM »
Dust collector

Manual Press (Not trying to be a smart ass)

Ours holds drinks or a radio.  We occasionally use it for sleeve prints.  It's a single color, single station, so it almost takes up no space.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2024, 10:27:35 AM »
We have a 6/4 manual and we use it all the time for that matter we have a job set up on it now to keep from pulling screens off the auto, so nope I never toss my manual even if we had a very large shop with 4 or more auto's I'd keep a few manual presses around.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2024, 12:09:58 PM »
Dust collector

Ours holds drinks or a radio.  We occasionally use it for sleeve prints.  It's a single color, single station, so it almost takes up no space.

'Radio'. ?

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2024, 12:22:39 PM »
Indeed what is this "radio" you speak of?

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2024, 12:36:51 PM »
the stampinator is a dust collector here

You fell into the gimmicky sales tactics of using it to replace a flash, and inline heat transfers on a press.  Both don't work well 100% of the time, for transfers you have to build up your pallets so much it doesn't make sense.  To replace as a flash your pallets need to be hot, have a quick flashing under base.  But when used in tandem with a flash then you get the best benefit and ease of use.  I get not having enough room but I bet that's like 10% or less of your orders you wouldn't have room for it.

I personally think if they had a removable stand to make it easier to move they may get used more, they are such a PITA to move that that's why I personally think they become dust collectors since people are lazy and have one time issues with ink sticking and go nope, doesn't work. 

It's a really good tool though if used properly, it does "make your prints better" and works much better than a hot head in my opinion.

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2024, 01:08:55 PM »
Actually that was owner at the trade show without me. Never would have bought it because of the 8-10 color press thing. I believe they are great after flash for the 12 up autos. And yes, a stand option would be smart.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2024, 01:29:30 PM »
Dust Collectors:
M&R Hot Head
Old DTG equipment (practically gave away everything, Viper pretreats we couldn't give away...)
Admiral, what do you not like about the hothead?  I was considering one.

We had the flat iron one installed for awhile a couple times but it tends to move shirts and put wrinkles in some every now and then.  More defects and more of a hassle than an improvement to the print.  The roller one may fix that.  Stampinator may fix it too, but I haven't revisited this and having to install 4x of them to match quality across everything would be expensive and possibly hit our productivity too.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2024, 02:08:53 PM »
Dust collector

'Radio'. ?

A jobsite radio that streams playlists or spotify. No sense in listening to FM, it's ALL political ads.

Smartasses.

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2024, 09:51:57 AM »
Dust collector

Maybe it's called a bluetooth speaker? (I bet even that is an outdated term).  LOL

We had a guy here a year and half ago... he loved the "radio" .. constantly people talking on commercials and the same ones alll day.. whenever I had to be back there, I told him we had to turn it off.

'Radio'. ?

A jobsite radio that streams playlists or spotify. No sense in listening to FM, it's ALL political ads.

Smartasses.