Author Topic: Wasp Season  (Read 736 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Wasp Season
« on: June 06, 2024, 10:40:19 AM »
Just ranting, Our compressor sits just outside our back door and all air lines run through the wall of the building to the inside, anyway went out the morning to drain the water and what do I find a dang nice size wasp nest, ain't nothing like sticking your paw under something to find those little buggers done and set up house.  Should have known this as it gets warm here wasp build nest in the dang-nest places, so if you have equipment outside better check for those little bit@hes before you engage or your getting stung!!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Wasp Season
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2024, 12:09:11 PM »
We're pretty lucky here to not have to deal with wasps much, but we do have black widows that like the same kind of places,
and I have a dog that's been bit twice, he never seemed to even care though.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2024, 12:40:36 PM »
As a side note, if you get them going in around the soffit of your house do not spray them. They will head further in and work on your drywall to get away.
Had to fix a hole in my ceiling where they were almost through. Put some water in a shop-vac, place the hose by where they're going in and watch em get
sucked up. Leave it running all day, works like a charm. Not my idea, saw it on Youtube.
Tees and Coffee

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2024, 12:53:34 PM »
Ha! Try running outside compressors (LibertySP, tobacco land NC) ever see a tobacco moth they are the size of small birds. Will choke a compressor to death.
Don't get me started with the late night creatures in Fort Myers FL (Harlequin). When the say theres a bug in the screen they really mean it! No worries, the snakes usually get to them first. River rats in white ink buckets (Precision Screen Machines, Patterson NJ). Nature finds its way no matter what....

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2024, 12:59:18 PM »
River rats in white ink buckets (Precision Screen Machines, Patterson NJ).

I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise, but the makers of the og oval machines printed as well?
Necessity being the mother of invention and all. Does anyone know if American printed?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2024, 01:37:38 PM »
Artwave Marketing....... yes, clandestine print op owned by PSP in separate building. We were testing out the dreaded versa ovals and original belt printers. Six of the VOs. First Bart Simpson shirts, Dick Tracy movie promo etc. Largest order was 3 million shirts F&B. Newport cigarettes for RJ Reynolds. Bought that ink in drums! De-bugged the machines, cleaned and re-painted and odometers set back to zero and sold as new.
Yeah, that happened

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2024, 10:26:31 AM »
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2024, 04:24:58 PM »
As a side note, if you get them going in around the soffit of your house do not spray them. They will head further in and work on your drywall to get away.
Had to fix a hole in my ceiling where they were almost through. Put some water in a shop-vac, place the hose by where they're going in and watch em get
sucked up. Leave it running all day, works like a charm. Not my idea, saw it on Youtube.

I've had to chase them buggers around the ceiling before and shop vac just....just.....feels so good......  This also works for flys.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers