Author Topic: NEW Laser To Screen Coming Soon  (Read 6756 times)

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

Re: NEW Laser To Screen Coming Soon
« Reply #30 on: Today at 12:54:22 PM »
Imagine spending $100k+ on a laser and then being like I wanna save 40 cents in emulsion and use more tape so I can gang screens to "save money"

Time at the press is most important to save :)

saves time in reclaim - one less screen...  we have 6 presses and never enough screens. 

if there is a color change with the same art - i will put two of the same art on the same screen - the press op dosent have to stop and clean out the screen, just scrape ink out, turn the screen around and new ink and squeegee and they are back up and running. no need to clean and pull tape off registration marks.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #31 on: Today at 01:42:53 PM »
We do that as well, color change just flip and triloc, and post expose for wb, no problem. The comment on press time (usually the most expensive aspect of any given shop) is spot on. So is Duanes on reclaim.

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #32 on: Today at 03:01:54 PM »
Better late than never. Install and training is now scduled for Oct 1st - 4th.

Offline CBCB

• !!!
« Reply #33 on: Today at 04:53:47 PM »
Yep it’s faster, but not simpler. We are only really ganging when it’s the same colour of the same job, like another print location on the same job.

Gotta factor in that this looks like a smaller more entry level laser. That reclaim time doesn’t matter as much in a massive shop as in the average small one. I definitely see the value in ganging a screen to save the reclaim/etc!

I can’t imagine a shop that’s big enough to buy a 2-up is going to want to be flipping screens to save time on their auto reclaim.