Author Topic: ROQ Next- tell me the pros and cons please  (Read 2796 times)

Online Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
ROQ Next- tell me the pros and cons please
« on: July 16, 2020, 12:09:25 AM »
Coming from a M&R Diamondback which has been sold, now considering getting a ROQ Next 12/10 or 14/10.
So far I have heard only good things about ROQ.
Would like to know a little more of you ROQ users why you love your machines that much. What are the big pros for you  running a ROQ, have you experienced any negatives?
The only thing that could still change my mind is the new M&R Cobra press but I doubt they can beat the price I was quoted by ROQ.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: ROQ Next- tell me the pros and cons please
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 10:21:41 AM »
I work for Ryonet - I am their product manager.  Which means I know everyone on the ROQ staff.

The only real negative I have heard from customers is the ability to print full long sleeves. 

All presses that have the wide press arms have issues with loading slimmer or smaller long sleeve garments.  So off set sleeve platens have been made.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 01:22:29 PM »
My one quote on the Cobra press seems to put it about 40% more expensive than the Sportsman.  I think it will be replacing Sportsmans and Gauntlets though and performance wise looks like it may be better than the Gauntlet III, we will find out more next week of course though.

We are really tight on space so we need to up our productivity anyway we can, I will be buying an 8 color Cobra as soon as possible.

Offline californiadreamin

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 11:28:02 PM »
Coming from a M&R Diamondback which has been sold, now considering getting a ROQ Next 12/10 or 14/10.
So far I have heard only good things about ROQ.
Would like to know a little more of you ROQ users why you love your machines that much. What are the big pros for you  running a ROQ, have you experienced any negatives?
The only thing that could still change my mind is the new M&R Cobra press but I doubt they can beat the price I was quoted by ROQ.

Got a nice Roq that became available today!
8c/12 You XL with 2 flashes. 31,000 prints
Add 2 print heads or leave as is

Winston
winstric@yahoo.com

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 10:13:46 AM »
We have been really busy, plus I'm fighting with the insurance company or I would write a very long post like I tend to do.

We have 2 Roqs, 1 early ECO(now called the NEXT) from 2013 and 1 YOU from 2014. Never, let me repeat that, NEVER had a issue that stopped us from printing for more than 15min in all those years. The one thing was early on and we were running the print head at full speed with WAY too much pressure. Basically the motor shut down with a warning/error code that is was under a lot of "stress". Unplugged something and plugged it back in to reset it and we were back up and running.

We have been teetering on a big move since January. If and when it happens we will most likely add a NEXT and a oval and to be honest I can't wait.

The machines make sense(the main thing that sold me years ago was the indexing system that the ECO and ovals use, which was later copied by another very well known company after their ridiculously long oval chains would loos registration). They don't break. The minimal maintenance (like 10min every few months depending on use)that is required can be done by the guy that sweeps the floors. Without hesitation I would buy again and again. Sleeves are not the best, but I think they now have special pallets people like, we don't do enough sleeves to e'ff with them.

Get it you won't be sorry.

This is one of those thing I feel so confident in that if I had the money I'd make your down payment, and in a month(it takes a few weeks to get used to the difference from a M&R/anatol/Workhorse type machine) when you love it you could pay me back. But let's be honest were all printers and we ain't go money like that!  ;D

PM me if you want to talk more. I'm happy to type/post more but with the BS I'm dealing with the insurance company about I just don't have the time right now.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 10:42:08 AM »

PM me if you want to talk more. I'm happy to type/post more but with the BS I'm dealing with the insurance company about I just don't have the time right now.

I have a baseball bat with some nails in it, who needs to get got? l'll saddle up and meet at the flag pole.

sounds like story time to me  ;D
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 12:03:11 PM »

I have a baseball bat with some nails in it, who needs to get got? l'll saddle up and meet at the flag pole.

sounds like story time to me  ;D

If I could only tell the story with out giving myself massive heartburn and anxiety I would. But I am so worked up this whole last week I don't really wan to get into it. If bats are needed I appreciate that.
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 05:44:36 PM »
Big fan.

The low maintenance is wonderful.  They just run.  The design makes sense.  They register rapidly at setup don't go out of reg in the middle of your run.  They stay well enough in parallel.  Maintenance icon pops up when needed and press ops follow instructions.   Repairs, rarely needed, and almost exclusively related to cyls which aren't manufactured by press companies are straightforward. 

Agree with Colin on long sleeves.   I don't think Ryonet or S.roque has taken the sleeve thing seriously enough for our market but you won't hit a brick wall with it either.  We have the dual outboard platens and they work fine for most sleeve work that can't throw on a 5" platen.  A larger footprint helps here since the arms taper.

Service has been top notch but, as I said, rarely needed.  The automatic products team there gets it done and comes up with solutions.  Tooling, parts, etc. have all been rapidly available for the most part. 

I greatly prefer the operation of the Eco over the You but appreciate the central elevation of the You over the Eco.  Where's the Next fit in?

My favorite- these presses eliminate themselves from the troubleshooting process.  If you have an issue with a print run, it probably ain't the press. 

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 06:19:40 PM »
Where's the Next fit in? 

If you have a ECO like mine WITHOUT the digital registration and digital head read out, you have what they now are calling the NEXT. Why they didn't call the new model the NEXT and leave ECO alone is beyond me!
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2020, 09:11:12 PM »
Where's the Next fit in? 

If you have a ECO like mine WITHOUT the digital registration and digital head read out, you have what they now are calling the NEXT. Why they didn't call the new model the NEXT and leave ECO alone is beyond me!

Sounds perfect.  The digital readout on ours is counter intuitive, gimme verniers.

Online Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2020, 10:48:52 PM »
Does the Next have a digital readout for printstroke and floodstroke speed?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2020, 01:46:20 PM »
Does the Next have a digital readout for printstroke and floodstroke speed?

Not sure on that but we have both (You/Eco) and I personally prefer the analog knobs on the You.
A dial adjustment with digital readout would be ideal. Beeping buttons gets beeping old.

I can second the praise of the green machines. Mechanically simple, robust, extremely versatile.
Replace the center shaft on a 4 year old dback? Not me fella.

Chaindex!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2020, 02:59:02 PM »
I might never own a Roq but from all the talk those machines are NICE! and going to give M&R a run for the money, talking with a buddy the other day and he was at a shop where someone had installed a Roq, he was telling me you could hardly hear the machine running 8)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2020, 08:01:14 PM »
Analog controls are superior.   

Take that with a grain of salt.  I also listen to vinyl and have recently been anxious about purchasing my first vehicle mfg past 1989. 

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2020, 09:44:55 AM »
Analog controls are superior.   

Take that with a grain of salt.  I also listen to vinyl and have recently been anxious about purchasing my first vehicle mfg past 1989.

He also accesses this site via a dial up connection on his rotary dial phone....  ;D ;D
Alex

www.twincitytees.com