Author Topic: Employee time clock software  (Read 2651 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Employee time clock software
« on: May 29, 2020, 05:48:00 AM »
What are people using for a employee time clock software? The company I was using(TSheets) literally doubled it price from last month. Looking for suggestions...

- Must work on multiple windows PC's(same physical address though).
- Don't need it to directly integrate into our payroll(intuit) but that is a bonus. As long as I can get totals with a few clicks on pay day that is cool.
- No need for tablet or phone access.
- Low cost, obviously, that is the reason I'm already complaining! ;D
- Google Chrome extension would be nice.

Anything?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Re: Employee time clock software
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 06:35:42 AM »
We use Payclock.com and a PC600 I think is the model badge scanner. Really good over all.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 06:42:07 AM »
We use Payclock.com and a PC600 I think is the model badge scanner. Really good over all.

I skimmed the website(forgive but I've been up for 24 hrs at this point) do you have to use one of their clocks, or can employees just use a PC? Did you get it through that LATHEM? 
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 06:49:38 AM »

I skimmed the website(forgive but I've been up for 24 hrs at this point) do you have to use one of their clocks, or can employees just use a PC? Did you get it through that LATHEM?

I am not sure if they can do it at a PC or not to be honest. I bought the clock as that is the most efficient way IMO. Just badge and gone. PC allows people to log others in and out if they share credentials I would think. Yes I got the clock from Lathem.

Offline avogel

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 06:54:52 AM »
We use opentimeclock.com. Its free. Been using it for 5 years. On payday, I just log in get employees hours and then run payroll through Intuit. We only have 3 - 5 employees, so its easy for me.

Offline aauusa

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 08:24:20 AM »
we use acroprint timeqplus with a proximity badge reader.  you can get the software alone with either 1 pc or for network,  integrates with intuit quickbooks,  keeps time card logs,  and the support from the company is awesome. 

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 12:10:57 PM »

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 12:33:24 PM »
Built our own as part of our shop management program. Employees have cards they scan to clock in/out using same
barcode reader we use for job tracking. "6787049A/6. That is your employee number. It will not be repeated! Wrong employee number
and they dock you!"

FWIW anyone looking to dabble in code a project like this is a great starting point. Could easily make one in whatever language
you choose and host locally.

I hope the commercial ones aren't having you put employee sensitive data in to be hosted god knows where.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2020, 12:46:23 PM »
We used to use a key fob/card system here but switched to the time tracking in our payroll/HR app now (it's called Gusto) with some working remote, including our payroll admin.   Everyone clocks in/out on any browser.   I like having it all in one place. 

There's definitely tomes of sensitive data in applications like this and I'm sure they aren't doing much to truly secure it, nor will they have any culpability when it gets compromised but that seems to be modern life at the moment.   

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2020, 01:04:23 PM »
There's definitely tomes of sensitive data in applications like this and I'm sure they aren't doing much to truly secure it, nor will they have any culpability when it gets compromised but that seems to be modern life at the moment.

Right. I just feel like if I lose my own personal data that's my bad. If my boss loses it I'm peeved.
I don't see why they don't just assign a unique ID that corresponds to something locally
where you can protect sensitive data, or at least be personally responsible for it.

The greatest tech scandal of late has been convincing people that "the cloud" means anything
else than "other peoples computers".

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2020, 01:16:57 PM »

The greatest tech scandal of late has been convincing people that "the cloud" means anything
else than "other peoples computers".

Hopefully the availability of "personal cloud" storage devices offers a clue.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2020, 01:36:16 PM »

I hope the commercial ones aren't having you put employee sensitive data in to be hosted god knows where.

The only thing required on our set up is First/Last name (which you could even just have as initials if you like) and a badge number. Zero other data is required. You can add things like their hourly wage and so on but there isn't a point to do that IMO.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2020, 01:42:49 PM »
Thanks guys, I have plenty to research now. I appreciate it.
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2020, 06:51:09 AM »
We have the same unit as Brandt. Their desktop software is no longer supported so you have to go to the cloud software if you sign up. The PC600 can be a little finicky but it does work. I'm not a big fan of doing payroll in the cloud though so we are sticking with the desktop software.

Offline discounttshirts

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2020, 10:28:59 AM »
we use this web based time clock -- no actual clock needed - I used Acroprint Time & Attendance for years - but issues with windows 10 forced us to go another route - this one is free with 2 or less employees. after 2 employees i think you pay like 2.50 per employee per month - still very affordable for us

https://www.ontheclock.com/