Author Topic: Website with online stores  (Read 1786 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Website with online stores
« on: April 16, 2020, 10:49:19 AM »
Might as well use this time to start new.  I need a website template with online stores.  Who do I use?  Why are they better?  Do the stores tally different sizes on orders?  What should I know?  What should I avoid?  I am literally like a child here.  Thanks in advance.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Website with online stores
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 10:54:24 AM »
Order My Gear. pay the 2k and be done with it... they are always coming out with new ideas, updates and just flat out GREAT people...

Square also offers online stores we started using in the sign department but it's more of a general store not made specifically for apparel.

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 01:04:10 PM »
If you are just getting your feet wet, and don't know how much sales you'll generate, I would look at Big Cartel

https://www.bigcartel.com

You can have a store with up to 5 products for free, and they are a breeze to setup.

You can set them up to generate pre-sale stores, or if you have pre-printed inventory can go that way as well.

https://www.oregonscreen.com/webstores/pge125years/ is an example of a pre-sale store we did via BigCartel.

I also use Inksoft for pre-order stores, but you can achieve the same thing almost easier through Big Cartel.

We recommend http://shopify.com to most clients that we are building long term stores for, as it integrates with our fulfillment software, but for simple quick stores, Big Cartel will work great and they don't take a percentage of your sales like Order My Gear (3.5% on top of the. 2.9% + .30 cents for credit card processing that is standard on any platform)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 01:09:13 PM »
And a Facebook store can be started on your business page very easily, (BUT), they take 5%. or a smaller % like 3-4 if the sale is under $8.00
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 09:44:33 PM »
Great info guys, just what I was looking for as we may be headed that way on sales to hopefully get rolling again.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline SteveS

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 07:53:23 PM »
If Order My Gear was a little more reasonable with the startup costs, I’d be a player. That’s just a huge amount on top of what?, 6-7% of sales, including their merchant fees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rockerdude

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 08:24:51 PM »
I use Shopify for my designs and stuff (my brand)… print on demand.. Run adds on fb and Instagram for those..
www.shoprockerapparel.com

For other Clients designs... I use and highly recommend Order My Gear.. I have a "one week" flash store open right now for a hospital.. I'll make enough from that one store to pay this months rent and utilities with some over left for me!!!!
Simple but effective...
https://essential2020.itemorder.com

Used Big Cartel until I knew I wanted to pursue online sales.

I can tell you... OMG is steep up front... BUT.. I made all of that back with the first 2 stores for school sports... Swim Team and Football. Just add 7.5% to your normal pricing...Everybody wins!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 09:25:22 PM »
I use Shopify for my designs and stuff (my brand)… print on demand.. Run adds on fb and Instagram for those..
www.shoprockerapparel.com

For other Clients designs... I use and highly recommend Order My Gear.. I have a "one week" flash store open right now for a hospital.. I'll make enough from that one store to pay this months rent and utilities with some over left for me!!!!
Simple but effective...
https://essential2020.itemorder.com

Used Big Cartel until I knew I wanted to pursue online sales.

I can tell you... OMG is steep up front... BUT.. I made all of that back with the first 2 stores for school sports... Swim Team and Football. Just add 7.5% to your normal pricing...Everybody wins!

Is big cartel good?  I have an account but never used it?  What are the cons?

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 02:14:06 AM »
We left Big Cartel a couple years back as we got serious with web stores as others on here. With Shopify and all its apps you can do a lot. More than we can even take advantage of. Plus I can modify it on the fly from my phone. The app is awesome. The web site and store is robust. Works great between our Macs, Android, and PCs no problem. Here you go :

infernomerchstore.com

I'm sure you won't know any of these bands / artists but we can and do sell up to 500 tees a week. It's a nice side stream for revenue.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 08:18:17 AM »
We left Big Cartel a couple years back as we got serious with web stores as others on here. With Shopify and all its apps you can do a lot. More than we can even take advantage of. Plus I can modify it on the fly from my phone. The app is awesome. The web site and store is robust. Works great between our Macs, Android, and PCs no problem. Here you go :

infernomerchstore.com

I'm sure you won't know any of these bands / artists but we can and do sell up to 500 tees a week. It's a nice side stream for revenue.

How can you do those multicolor shirts and allow them to buy 1 shirt?  DTG?

Offline rockerdude

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2020, 09:07:04 AM »
A ton of people use Shopify.. that don’t print. They use print on demand apps that tie your store and all orders to huge dgt shops that print and drop ship to your customers.   
I print all my own stuff.
Do the free trial on Shopify... I think it’s a 3 month trial right now? Using the pod sites is easy peasy... but I want total quality control on anything with my name on it!! Lol

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2020, 10:55:18 AM »

infernomerchstore.com

How can you do those multicolor shirts and allow them to buy 1 shirt?  DTG?

All of these bands we do tour support for as well. They move pallets of merch. I'm not using DTG when I can throw it on the auto no explanation there. We print in bulk and then restock when needed in bulk. Keep inventory. Shopify is great for that.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2020, 11:15:48 AM »
Does Shopify let you choose shipping rates by product? Right now I sell yard signs and tees. It's a trade off on shipping going through my Squarespace site. I'd like a little more control.
Tees and Coffee

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2020, 11:48:14 AM »
This always intrigued me. May I ask how you guys proposition this to your clients? Do they ask you for the service or do you pitch it to them? Do you share part of the profit from the shirts with them or is it just an added convenience for the client so you charge a premium to fulfill the orders?

Offline rockerdude

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2020, 05:15:57 PM »
This always intrigued me. May I ask how you guys proposition this to your clients? Do they ask you for the service or do you pitch it to them? Do you share part of the profit from the shirts with them or is it just an added convenience for the client so you charge a premium to fulfill the orders?
With order my gear.... the store is specific to that client... you add whatever “they” want to profit from the tees as a “fundraiser” (added to your charge) that the buyer doesn’t see. Or can... if you set it for that. You then cut them a check for their fundraiser profits at the end.
I pitch it to the groups (clients). As they have to do NOTHING but had out fliers (pre made in the program...) and email their people the store addy.
At the end... I drop off a box of folded and bagged orders and hand them a check. MONEYS ALREADY IN MY BANK!!!
They then pass out the bags!
Or you can ship individually but I push against that.

Everyone I tell about it jumps on it... they don’t have to take orders, collect money, answer questions... and I don’t have to deal with... Suzy wants to add bla bla bla. And joe got the wrong size... or my fave.... 3 days after press teardown... we didn’t get 3 xl’s that we ordered. (You know the drill) lol
On Shopify... I keep all of the profits.