Author Topic: Pressure washer??  (Read 3702 times)

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
Pressure washer??
« on: December 31, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »
I know someone on here has a good source for a industrial electric pressure washer....Andy comes to mind. I'm tired of the plastic bs ones from lowes and home depot that fail in two months. I don't want to run a gas one due to me being in a garage setup. I'm sure my hoa and neighbors would love me if I fired up a gas washer at 10 pm so electric is the option. The only ones I can find are damn near 1000k.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Pressure washer??
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 07:57:10 PM »
Seems to me that this has popped up here already,
I know that the North Stars have been been mentioned as good, industrial level washers.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_pressure-washers+electric-cold-water
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 09:11:46 PM »
And in case Jason isn't aware of it, there's a Northern Tool Store on Sand Lake Road just east of the Florida Mall.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 11:10:19 PM »
We decided along time ago to just spend the cash on one and forget those little pieces of crap. Diptanks help a lot though as well. Made a huge difference for us. Altered our reclaim guys life I believe! But on a serious note does anyone on here have the garden hose down? We do a lot of discharge and I just can't get fathom getting the "stain" out without a pressure washer. I do know there are tons of shops in India for example that are on the streets as in on the street and those guys crank out some good numbers and product. Some better than others just like here in the states. And they don't use a pw. But I believe I might be starting a new thread. Sorry!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 09:54:59 AM »
I know someone on here has a good source for a industrial electric pressure washer....Andy comes to mind. I'm tired of the plastic bs ones from lowes and home depot that fail in two months. I don't want to run a gas one due to me being in a garage setup. I'm sure my hoa and neighbors would love me if I fired up a gas washer at 10 pm so electric is the option. The only ones I can find are damn near 1000k.

We recently purchased a CamSpray 1500A for $675 from pressurewashersdirect.com. It is quiet so your neighbors will not care if you have it running, they might not even hear it! The northern tool ones are cheaper by about $200 or so, but are made in China rather than US.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 12:54:35 PM »
If I'm correct if  you pay for the a warranty Home Depot wont even inspect the power washer, they'll give you a gift card to go pick out another and your on your way. Buddy's shop has the same one I do and he's on this 3rd or 4th one. Mine however is working good but I'm getting ready to swap it out anyway before the warranty ends. We have their highest end electric model that looks like a gas PW.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 01:40:21 PM »
Can't get much better than this style of motor and head.

http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/Pressure-Pro-WM-EE2015G-Pressure-Washer/p1550.html

Use the specs and contact a local shop as you will need to service it yearly. A good pro model will last you 15-20 years with good service.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 02:17:56 PM »
Great washer, but dangerously close to Jason's $1000 deal breaking criteria.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 05:04:54 PM »
+1 Pierre--Cam spray 1500A here too--from the same place even.   :)  Brass manifold, *nearly* all rebuild parts available.  (you screw up the unloading valve, you're out of luck on this one)

The manifold looks very similar to the unit John linked to.

Great unit.  Spraying high mesh screens is many times louder than the motor or the pump is.

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 05:17:53 PM »
Jason there's a great company in Baton Rouge LA called Hydro Quip and they build the pressure washers right there at their facility. You may want to check them out. If you do, ask for Ben.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 08:18:32 PM »
+1 on the camspray.  It's a great machine.  Been running 1 for about 3 years now.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 09:37:37 AM »
If I'm correct if  you pay for the a warranty Home Depot wont even inspect the power washer, they'll give you a gift card to go pick out another and your on your way. Buddy's shop has the same one I do and he's on this 3rd or 4th one. Mine however is working good but I'm getting ready to swap it out anyway before the warranty ends. We have their highest end electric model that looks like a gas PW.

technically, those warranties are not valid for commercial use. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 09:50:53 AM »
Not to mention, I really don't have time to screw around with that crap.  Not only are you effing around with wasting time replacing them, you have to mess around with Home Depot returns and driving them back and forth.

And frankly, those cheapies do no clean well.  They are over-rated in my opinion.  The better ones clean screens better and faster.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 10:52:20 AM »
Camspray 1500a.

Offline islandtees

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 11:05:39 AM »

We recently purchased a CamSpray 1500A for $675 from pressurewashersdirect.com. It is quiet so your neighbors will not care if you have it running, they might not even hear it! The northern tool ones are cheaper by about $200 or so, but are made in China rather than US.

pierre
The site you show for the camspray says its not made in the USA either.
The Northern unit uses a Leeson motor and Cat direct drive. Both well made and rebuildable.
Any unit made like these 2 should give you long service.